Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-30-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
Forum Member

A ? For Portrait Photographers!

Pricing, I'm new to the portrait arena. Invested in some newer and updated equipment for this specific job. With little to no portfolio for portraits my "hobby" clients never signed a release. So here is the question... Prices too high to get calls at first, so I kept lowering to the point I got a few calls. Unfortunately one client/ caller eluded my prices were too low and she thought there was a hidden catch or I was not serious. Furthermore, I'm way way way below local competition to the point it may be a joke or a hamper to the industry. Am I going about this wrong? All I want is to start shooting clients and be happy! Also local photogs have turned me down for internships for experience and practice, gettin frustrated.

05-30-2011, 05:38 PM - 1 Like   #2

Shoot some friends for free, with different lighting set ups and different poses so that you can build experience and a portfolio. Then you can go ahead and charge prices somewhere in between what you're charging now and what studios are charging.