Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2007, 01:12 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Help from ebayer please

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I've read on this forum that you can search finished auctions, but only registered members. I'm not, nor do I really want to be.

I have decided to sell my Pentax A 50/1.2. I find I'm not using it as much as I thought I might. I will try to sell it here in NZ first to avoid the hassle of sending overseas, but as this is a very small market I may not get the interest that such a marvel deserves. If I don't get what I want I would then offer it on this board.

Would some ebayer be good enough to do search for me and let me know how much they are going for? It's in excellent condition, I can't see a mark on it.

Thanks.

11-09-2007, 02:26 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I don't have that function on ebay (cause they charge you for it).

But the very few times a genuine F1.2 came on (make sure you have a very clear frontal pic of lens as heaps of people advertise the F2 as a 1.2 ( ie they see the F1:2) and that will be the first question asked.
Anyway back to the subject at hand, the last one on an Aussie ebay from memory got up around the $500(Aus) mark.

sorry I can't be of more help.
11-09-2007, 03:22 AM   #3
Inactive Account

I have been an Ebay member for many years and the ability to search for completed auctions has always been free. That said, I searched and found this "0 items found for: Pentax A 50mm f1.2". Falcons is right though, sellers will list the lens as 1.2 when in fact they mean 1:2. It would be rare to find a Pentax A 50mm f1.2 on Ebay. Maybe try KEH to see if they are selling any now.

Are you talking about this lens?

Last edited by J.Scott; 11-09-2007 at 03:31 AM.
11-09-2007, 06:10 AM   #4
Inactive Account

I don't know if this service is available on ebay worldwide or just Australia but they definitely do charge you to research the archived prices etc on Australian Ebay.

Here is the link in case it is of any interest or use to anyone.

Overview

11-09-2007, 07:00 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Go to advanced search and tick-off "Completed listings"
If that's not available at ebay.com.au just go to ebay.com
11-10-2007, 03:07 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
So any ideas of what one is worth? I've just noticed it does have some tiny, almost indistinguishable marks on the glass somewhere - dust?

Last edited by Arpe; 09-27-2011 at 09:10 PM.
11-10-2007, 03:35 PM   #7
Veteran Member

There doesn't seem to be many 1:1.2 lenses out there on ebay, but I've found these:

Listed as Buy It Now for EUR$550, no takers
Pentax A 1,2/50mm SMC Pentax-A - eBay, Sonstige, Optik, Foto Camcorder. (end time 10-Nov-07 02:06:51 AEDST)

Listed as Buy It Now for EUR$449, no takers
Pentax A 1,2/50mm Pentax brand new - eBay, Autres Photografica, Photografica, Photo Cameras. (end time 06-Nov-07 02:53:07 AEDST)

11-10-2007, 05:18 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I found a couple on a 2 or 3 month old KEH camera flier, and the M was listed for around $400.00 US.
The A was listed at $465.
They were both shown as in excellent condition.

If it was me selling it I wouldn't let it go for a whole lot less.

Sorry I can't afford it, so I won't even ask
11-11-2007, 04:55 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks guys.