Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NO PHOTOGRAPHY - "It's the Law

You may be interested in an article on page 12 of the "pdn" (Photo District News) Magazine.
"pdn" reports that the "Agribusiness (has been) pressing States to criminalize photographs of farms." -No more sunsets across a field of golden wheat. or horses grazing in a meadow.
Similar laws are reportedly already on the books in Missouri, Alabama and Kansas, according to the Humane Society of the United States.
Perhaps the most draconian of Anti-photography Bills was introduced by Florida Senator Jim Norman, R-Tampa, who wants to make it a felony to photograph any farm, from any location, without the owner's WRITTEN CONSENT. However, this may have been toned down slightly by a fellow Senator. "pdn" Magazine - www.pdnonline.com

06-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by DigiMack Quote
No more sunsets across a field of golden wheat. or horses grazing in a meadow.
Couldn't you just, I don't know, ask them for permission to photograph their land? I'm not saying I agree with the law, but saying those images won't exist anymore is pretty sensationalist
06-01-2011, 05:45 PM   #3
DAZ
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by enoeske Quote
Couldn't you just, I don't know, ask them for permission to photograph their land? I'm not saying I agree with the law, but saying those images won't exist anymore is pretty sensationalist
Just try to find the person to ask the question some time. Even if you find some one doesn’t mean they can legally give you permission. You could spend weeks.

DAZ
06-01-2011, 06:12 PM   #4
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
If you're not standing on their property, you should be able to photograph it from the street. If you're going to sell images of their land without their permission, that's something different, but nonetheless, the photography itself shouldn't be banned. What's next, all buildings in NY cannot be photographed from the street?

06-02-2011, 04:42 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is already a rather exhaustive thread on this issue.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/political-religious-discussion/134556-onl...ms-felony.html

Good to hear that PDN has picked up the issue. Sounds like their article may be a bit behind the power curve though.

Mike
PF Moderation Team
06-02-2011, 09:34 AM   #6
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

closed
Closed Thread