Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
06-06-2011, 12:47 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnInIndy Quote
Point is Obama actually did say 57 states.
He did. Maybe he was thinking of lunch and John Kerry at the time, and Heinz 57 came to mind Apparently there never were 57 varieties of Heinz, it was just a slogan that sounded cool. That makes ketchup either dumber or a bigger liar than both Palin and Obama.

And, ever notice ketchup is RED as in Communist. And what else do we get from Heinz? Pickles and relish, which are GREEN as in earth shoe environmentalist.

I think our next president will be a 64 ounce bottle of ketchup. Or at least as smart as.

06-06-2011, 12:50 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Between her and Rick Santorum I'm beginning to think Obama has it made in terms of his getting re-elected.
I know Mitt Romney and Tim Pawlenty are about as exciting as watching ice melt, but they are legitimate candidates. I think that if people start hearing Pawlenty speak about things, he may emerge as the Republican front-runner. He's pretty smart. He's also a bit nerd-like, wishy-washy, and a lot of his rhetoric sounds forced and theatrical, like he's faking it on core issues. But he's legit, and he may have another gear at the national level, who knows. (He was our Gov, I've heard him yakkin' a lot.)

06-06-2011, 01:00 PM   #33
Banned

The Tea Party will guarantee a Republican has zero chance in 2012 because they are dead meat in 2012.
Tea Party 2012.com
06-06-2011, 01:11 PM   #34
Veteran Member

I've said this before, but I honestly think most peoples' confidence that someone like Palin could not get elected is a little naïve. I think there are a lot of crazies in this country who vote, and a lot of reasonable people have given up on the process. I also think that whoever comes out of the fray as the Republican candidate is legitimized in a significant way, simply by virtue of being the nominee. And there will be great media exposure and tons of money for that person, too.

So it's scary to even see the field right now. I voted for Obama and had very high hopes for his presidency, but I am supremely disappointed. Not for all the fake reasons that the dumbass teabaggers are, but because he is way more status quo than I ever expected him to be. In some ways I think he is more dangerous than Shrubbo was, because he's doing many of the same things, liberty-wise, and with regard to cronyism with corporate America and the banks, yet he is smart, capable, and charismatic, unlike Shrubbo. I think there are a lot of people who feel the same way I do, and who will just give up and not go to the polls. And when the intelligent sectors of the voting population become dispirited and apathetic, that's what allows complete wing-nuts like Palin to compete.

As for Pawlenty, I despise that guy, and think he's a tool. But you're right that he is a legitimate candidate. To come into Iowa and talk about ending farm subsidies takes some balls, and I have to respect that.

Anyway, my point is, if Palin wins the nomination, it would be very dangerous for us to just sit back and assume the election is over.

06-06-2011, 01:27 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Todd Adamson Quote
...I think there are a lot of people who feel the same way I do, and who will just give up and not go to the polls. And when the intelligent sectors of the voting population become dispirited and apathetic, that's what allows complete wing-nuts like Palin to compete.
Anyway, my point is, if Palin wins the nomination, it would be very dangerous for us to just sit back and assume the election is over.
I think it will actually energize the progressive electorate if Palin is the Republican nominee. I suspect they'd be more likely to sit this one out if Romney, for example, is nominated.

Palin just cannot win. I happen to live in Michelle Bachmann's district, and even here Palin's lacking an acceptable level of respect. She's just always capable of making herself look idiotic, at any random time. As the ticket header in a campaign, she just would be exposed, constantly, for what she is.

QuoteQuote:
As for Pawlenty, I despise that guy, and think he's a tool. But you're right that he is a legitimate candidate. To come into Iowa and talk about ending farm subsidies takes some balls, and I have to respect that.
I dislike the guy a lot also, he is a tool, but he's capable of hiding his tool-ness much better than Palin can hide her moron-level debating skills, 4th grade understanding of history and plain-crazy geopolitics.

06-06-2011, 01:30 PM   #36
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
(her) 4th grade understanding of history
Very insulting to 4th graders.
06-06-2011, 01:31 PM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Very insulting to 4th graders.
I was just thinking, wow, Jay's being generous here.

06-06-2011, 03:01 PM   #38
Veteran Member

"Palin adds to the proof that she is an IDIOT"

Do we really need anymore proof?
06-06-2011, 04:08 PM   #39
Veteran Member

Not to be left out Fox news confuses Tina Fey and Sarah Palin:
Fox News Confuses Sarah Palin With Tina Fey (Video) | TheWrap TV
Fox confuses Tina Fey for Sarah Palin - Fox News - Salon.com

QuoteQuote:
After the flub was noticed, an internal memo went around to Fox News staff from an understandably irate boss:

Effective immediately, there is zero tolerance for on-screen errors. Mistakes by any member of the show team that end up on air may result in immediate disciplinary action against those who played significant roles in the 'mistake chain,' and those who supervise them. That may include warning letters to personnel files, suspensions, and other possible actions up to and including termination, and this will all obviously play a role in performance reviews.

That's right, Fox will not tolerate the confusion of major national figures with their comedy impersonators ever again.

But I hear "Oh Yeah? What about that Wiener guy"

Stupid stupid stupid, to try to lie and stonewall about this stuff, and to do it in the first place. Like anything we do on the internet can remain a secret... for most of us the save is that nobody gives a damn about us
06-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
To horse! The British are..... wondering exactly what the deal was supposed to be with certain offshore derivatives Wall Street leveraged....

I *hate* to say it, but if this is what we make of our Republic, Constitutional monarchy's actually looking pretty good right now. Talk about strange bedfellows, but I'm ready to turn my coat for the house of Windsor if we can't start taking this Republic seriously.
06-06-2011, 04:50 PM   #41

I doubt anyone can beat Obama. Maybe the GOP is just jockeying position for 2016? I think Obama is a horrible president, FTR.
06-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #42
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by napawino Quote
I doubt anyone can beat Obama. Maybe the GOP is just jockeying position for 2016? I think Obama is a horrible president, FTR.

Actually, I think he's the best we've had in so long that no one can *handle* it.

And I think that goes especially for those of us who voted for him, enthusiastically.

Simple fact is, I'm probably not the only 'liberal' ...Obama included, who just doesn't want to admit it when people aren't cooperating, and never intended to do so.

He should have drawn the line a long time ago. This isn't 'loyal opposition,' it's a *looting.*

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 06-06-2011 at 05:05 PM.
06-06-2011, 05:19 PM   #43

With Obama, I see weak leadership, and a lack of knowledge of foreign affairs.

But in my opinion the only way things will ever be "right" in D.C. is if we have term limits for congressmen.
06-06-2011, 05:31 PM   #44
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by napawino Quote
With Obama, I see weak leadership, and a lack of knowledge of foreign affairs.

But in my opinion the only way things will ever be "right" in D.C. is if we have term limits for congressmen.
We have term limits. 2 years for the House and 6 for the Senate. The problem is that the voters aren't smart enough to invoke them.
If nobody voted for an incumbent in the next House and Presidential election, and the next 3 senate elections, a great deal of our problems could be resolved.
06-06-2011, 05:37 PM   #45

Sadly, people tend to vote for the incumbent way too often. I say force them out after 3 terms in the House and 2 in the Senate. When they are there too long, it becomes nothing more than a job, and they focus all too much on trying to keep it, and lose sight of why they are there in the first place. To REPRESENT!

Last edited by napawino; 06-06-2011 at 05:49 PM.
Closed Thread