Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
09-16-2011, 07:02 AM   #136
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
In many ways, LA is a very purple state. Up until a few months ago, a majority (greater than 50%) of registered voters were registered Democrats. Today, democrats still have a plurality of registered voters. The state is 1/3 african american and mostly poor, two demographic groups which generally vote democratic in droves. New Orleans is one of the most heavily democratic locales you can find and in my congressional district, democrats outnumber republicans and independents by more than 5:1 and while Baton Rouge isn't as blue, it is still a democratic stronghold. These two cities are where most of the political and economic power comes from.

I fully suspect the weakness of democrats is a temporary phenomenon influenced by both Obama's leadership failures and Jindal's leadership successes. The republican challengers are mostly a snub to Jindal by David Vitter for not supporting his reelection in an intraparty feud.
It is a very red shade of purple. Democrats such as Mary Landrieu were instrumental in delaying and watering dow health care reform.

Closed Thread