Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
06-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
Depends on if it was a random gift given to you, or you actually searched ebay or conventions for it and bought it yourself.
Hypothetically, let's say my mother bought it for me about 20 years ago, I've never displayed it, but I also haven't thrown it out despite moving 5 times over the same time period. Again, hypothetically.

06-08-2011, 07:10 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Whats your view on Deep Space Nine?????
06-08-2011, 07:33 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm a geek, when my family has issues with computers or with cameras they typically call me. I Do some programming work here and there, I also do some CGI imaging in my spare time..and that isn't when i'm not busy playing my flute or oboe.

My encyclopaedic knowledge of cameras and optics puts me in a position where there are only two camera stores in my city that can understand my more esoteric requests.

I'm more of a fan of star wars, though I find star trek watchable I wouldn't go so far as to dress like a starfleet commander....or walk around town with a starfleet badge on - I know a guy who wears one on his business suit.

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
We'll have a Romulan ale sometime.
do you use Everclear in yours?

Last edited by Digitalis; 06-08-2011 at 07:40 PM.
06-08-2011, 08:13 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Star Wars here too. And my brother is a major Star Wars geek.

Have I mentioned my toy collection, complete with Star Trek Phaser and Tricorder?

Or my recent fascination with 50's Civil Defense pamphlets and gear? LOL!

Digitalis: You ever see the beat-boxing flute player on YouTube? If not, I recommend it

06-08-2011, 08:15 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cmohr Quote
Better than Voyager, not as good as Next Generation.
06-08-2011, 08:28 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by justinr Quote
I'm not at all, just considered one by those who know even less about 'pooters and stuff than me. As for the photography side of things I struggle to remember which bits of kit I have, only that some are bigger than others but I know what to reach for in any particular situation. I also really can't be bothered with all the techy stuff unless it's important and most certainly work on the need to know basis, as in I only look it up if I need the knowledge. Studying lists of camera features is absolutely anathema to me, I'd rather just be using one and needless to say 99% of the bells and whistles on my kit go through life without the slightest hint of interference.
I'm with you: it's all about results. I'm not interested in what goes on inside the black box unless it's relevant to what I want to get out of it (in which case, I'll consult my son, the geek ;~).
06-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
start throwing pens and pencils from my pocket protector at them.
Pocket protectors are the domain of Nerds, not Geeks.

06-08-2011, 11:29 PM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
Better than Voyager, not as good as Next Generation.

Oh...No no no no no no!!!! Voyager way ahead of DSN, let me just say this "7 of 9"

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
I'm more of a fan of star wars,
Ahhh, That explains it then, The strong mind is not susceptible to my Jedi mind tricks, no wonder you haven't sold me that lens yet...

The Lone Gunmen were the ultimate Geeks.
06-09-2011, 05:04 AM   #24
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
DS9 was the best one, IMO.
06-09-2011, 06:34 AM   #25
Veteran Member

I have to answer this even though the question isn't really aimed at me, anything Trek related is a must, laugh.

DS9, semi-good with me but really only because John DeLancie's Q did make an appearance. (I love DeLancie and all the Q's.) and also because I rather liked Odo and Kira there for a while. (But did not like Jadzia Dax and Worf. Whoever thought up that pairing was an idiot. That Dax character early on was terrific, old-young, wise and wonderful, and they turned her into a gushing school girl who kissed her man ON DUTY on the equivalent of the Enterprise bridge. Ick!) I'm not much of a DS9 fan though and even though I really like Scott Bakula in Quantum Leap, I just loathed Enterprise. I liked Voyager up and to a point but really I'm more of an OS and TNG fan.

How many of you remember (and watched) Space 1999? Now that's a GEEK sci-fi show. I'm also a Who fan, from way back and before you ask I'm a 5/10 gal and I actually had a T-shirt made up that says that and that has Davison and Tennant on the front, and yeah, I wear it.

Oh, and don't get me started on Star Wars, on Luke vs Anakin or you'll never shut me up...

06-09-2011, 07:10 AM   #26
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Space 1999 was decent. I liked the redhead Maya who changed form. Enterprise was terrible. Way too serious. Dr Who was and still is great. I like the newest girl, Amy Pond. Farscape was one of the best sci fi shows.
06-09-2011, 08:24 PM   #27
Pentaxian

OOhhhhh Space 1999, cool for its time. I liked Enterprise, Quantum Leap was cool. Farscape was great, just really didn't go for all the puppets tho. Star Wars is hellacool. I even like the new animated Clone Wars series. Actually most sci-fi. You know, Whole stargate thing, Atlantis, now SGU.

Anyone like Lexx.????

Also love rip offs, Classic "Space Balls" "Galaxy Quest" and a homage movie "Fanboys"
06-09-2011, 10:06 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
"Fanboys" was pretty darn funny!

Anyone going to watch "Falling Skies" on TNT... looks pretty cool...
06-10-2011, 06:04 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That explains it then, The strong mind is not susceptible to my Jedi mind tricks, no wonder you haven't sold me that lens yet
no, I'm not selling my sigma 100-300mm f/4 APO EX DG i'm actually planning on keeping it so I can do a head-to-head test when I get my sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 APO EX DG - then I might sell my sigma 100-300mm f/4 - though that actually hinges on which lens is better they are both really good. I have sold more shots from the Sigma 100-300mm f/4 than I have from my FA limiteds.
06-10-2011, 08:58 AM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That it wasn't as good as Babylon 5.