Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-16-2011, 10:32 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Did you guys call canon to see if they would actually honor the rebate since the price was already $200 off? Please let me know if you do get the rebate to make the total $50.

06-17-2011, 03:11 AM   #17

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KxBlaze Quote
Did you guys call canon to see if they would actually honor the rebate since the price was already $200 off? Please let me know if you do get the rebate to make the total $50.
B&H would be setting themselves up for some pretty upset customers as A) the final quoted price AFTER Rebate was $49 and B) they included the rebate in the packaging with the printer (mine got here yesterday). But, I will post back up to confirm that the rebate was honored.
06-17-2011, 07:10 AM   #18
K-9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KxBlaze Quote
Good point. Especially since they include this wording in the rebate form:

QuoteQuote:
In the event of questions regarding claims, program or policy, Canon will review all documents and make the final determination of claim eligibility.
06-17-2011, 07:22 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
Good point. Especially since they include this wording in the rebate form:
Usually it's not an issue as it's not canon's business as to how much B&H sold it for. They're not paying B&H to give the discount since it's a mail-in rebate. Although extremely rare, it's actually possible to receive (as opposed to spend) money from a purchase with mail-in rebates.

In this case the best thing to do is actually NOT to call Canon as then they will take notice and use that as grounds to deny the rebate before you could even apply for it. I'm sure someone already did call.... but if you're thinking to do it, you shouldnt! If you are calling to get help with the rebate process, don't mention the fact that you think it might be a price error. Act innocent (as you actually are). If in the end your rebate was denied, escalate the case and hope for the best. Basically it's a "buy first, ask questions later" thing.

This is why we need a "good deal" forum! Can we at least have a subforum or thread heading for it pleaseeee?

Last edited by Andi Lo; 06-17-2011 at 07:30 AM.
07-17-2011, 07:32 AM   #20

So just to wrap this thread up, the rebate came through as stated by B&H. It was an American Express Pre-Paid credit card which worked at both the grocery store and Ikea (bought some large picture frames for the prints!) so far. Couldn't be happier with the printer itself, though now I need to get some type of rolling cart to put it on. I don't think keeping it on the carpeted floor is going to be the key to a long life for it. Anyways, hope others who got in on the deal have fared as well.