Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2011, 12:25 AM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Thought I'd save $10 on the Pentax WR Remote. It's been with Canada Post for almost a month. Latest update shows "Package delayed due to labor disruption."

06-27-2011, 11:01 AM   #17
Veteran Member

guess what came knocking on my door today? my packages from the U.K. and guess who delivered them? FEDEX !

Usually my packages from London are shipped thru Royal Mail or ParcelForce then channeled via CanadaPost for delivery. I was surprised to see that it's a private courier that did the job for them. I'm not sure what transpired between ParcelForce and Fedex, if they received a memo regarding the strike beforehand and seek the services of Fedex instead rather than CanadaPost. I guess anything with international priority written on it is given utmost attention I suppose. We were already expecting the worst that my packages might be delayed til the strike ends. but I'm happy to have them today. great news indeed. also it only took 5 working days to arrive from the time it was dispatched (not yet shipped) to the time of the delivery.

with regards to billing, we started doing online late last year and early this year. the system is not yet perfect and confusing at times. sometimes there are bills that show that you are not even aware off. but little by little there are improvements. it is also convenient and at times inconvenient as well. but atleast you are able to pay asap.

it is kinda laughable how the young people nowadays are virtually clueless of the importance of postal service. some of them thought that the only thing that the Post does is deliver mails. and that they could always use email, facebook and stuff. well I guess goodluck to them on sending or receiving their packages via email if that's possible.
06-28-2011, 11:15 AM   #18
rhe
Closed Account

I got mail today! I guess that the government has legislated that mail service resume. I have been visiting relatives in Indiana for the last 5 days and have not kept up with the latest posatal developments.
06-28-2011, 11:51 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rhe Quote
I got mail today! I guess that the government has legislated that mail service resume. I have been visiting relatives in Indiana for the last 5 days and have not kept up with the latest posatal developments.
same here.

06-28-2011, 01:45 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Bills