Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2007, 12:10 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ebay deals?

Hmmm, just got me a couple of 50mm lenses for my cam

Just bought a K-1000 with a M 50mm 1:2 for $30... I just want the lense, but what the heck, the K1000 comes with it Can't have too many good old cameras I guess.

And then a few hours after winning that auction, I spotted a Pentax-M SMC 50mm 1:1.7 K-mount, which I picked up for $28!

I only have the kit lense and the DA 50-200 so I am really looking forward to trying out the 1.7!!! I read good things about it in the lense review section.

I've never been much of an ebay shopper... has anyone here managed to pick up some decent deals off ebay? How about ebay nightmares?

Pat

11-15-2007, 04:35 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pat, you've just entered the terminal stage of your LBA. Endless hours of pouring through Ebay listings of Pentax mount lens, developing strategies of winning said auctions for the lowest price. You'll end up wishing you could have 150 items in your wish list so you can keep track of the selling prices of particular lens so you don't pay to much. Heck, if you're lucky you'll end up with TWO M-135/3.5's like I did because I got confused owing to my LBA fever! Oh well, they will make a lovely picture sitting on either side of the Super-Takumar 135/3.5....if the dang thing would ever get here. But what about the legendary Takumar(bayonet) 135/2.5? How do I arrange that one in the picture for the best composition? I got that one years and years ago because it was cheap. I had thought I was getting a good deal:-).
Ebay nightmares? I've got one......oh wait a second, I just described it, lol.