Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-01-2011, 05:52 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Original Poster
They'll strip search you for wet diapers. Maybe she should have had an expired boarding pass. And been from Nigeria

AIRPORT SECURITY?
Guy gets on plane using someone else’s
boarding pass
July 01, 2011

(LOS ANGELES, CA) -- Let’s see. Airport screeners pat down 95-year old ladies in wet diapers and 6-year-old kids and then they let a guy board a plane using someone else’s ticket?

Evidently so.

A Virgin America Flight (415) from New York to Los Angeles was two hours into its flight last week when some passengers complained that a guy in 3E reeked of body odor.

A flight attendant asked the man, identified as Oluwaseun Noibi, for his boarding pass.

And the surprise was the pass was from a different flight and in someone else's name.

When the plane landed, authorities chose not to arrest Noibi, allowing him to leave the airport.

On Wednesday, the same Oluwaseun Noibi was arrested trying to board a Delta Air Lines flight in Los Angeles. And once again he passed undetected through security, this time with an expired boarding pass that had been issued in someone else's name.

And it gets better. Authorities found at least 10 other expired boarding passes, none of which belonged to him.

And that told authorities that Noibi, 24, must have used expired plane tickets to sneak on to flights in the past.

Now federal security officials are on the hot seat trying to explain how the young Nigerian American man was able to get through layers of security and then avoid arrest for days after officials discovered he was a stowaway.

07-01-2011, 06:00 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnInIndy Quote
Now federal security officials are on the hot seat trying to explain how the young Nigerian American man was able to get through layers of security and then avoid arrest for days after officials discovered he was a stowaway.
The airlines might need to explain that to their shareholders, as well.

How does he pick a seat once he gets in? How is it that he gets past the scanner into which the gate attendant feeds the pass as you enter the jetway? There are some serious IT issues if the computer doesn't even catch that it is the wrong flight.
07-01-2011, 06:36 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I think the flight attendant should be arrested. After all she also was profiling.
07-01-2011, 07:04 AM   #34
Veteran Member

It doesn't sound like profiling because the FA determined he was sitting in a seat which was supposed to be empty, but the airlines and even the FBI seem to have taken this very lightly. This was the second time in the same month that he had been caught doing this, and he was not arrested the first time. Man Boards Flight with Someone Else’s Expired Boarding Pass and a Student ID - TIME NewsFeed http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/01/nyregion/olajide-oluwaseun-noibi-sneaked-o...-old-pass.html

07-01-2011, 08:00 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can't remember last time I dealt with the TSA... but... The only time your ID is checked and pass is sighted and 'verified' is as your pass through the gate??

If anything - it proves that TSA *arent* just profiling, as they didn't stop this guy without any reason or due cause to....

Now - the Airlines ? 'Nother story... I'd be asking who was manning the gate, and who was greeting on the aircraft... Because *they* have both looked at a document and not verified it... strangely the same people and same system that was in place Pre-2001....

The false name, they can have a pass on that one... But Expired ? Sounds to me like a failure of the airlines... and given he was in no way otherwise suspicious etc, why should the TSA have stopped him ?

Unless of course, the TSA are supposed to stop everyone that fits a profile ??
07-01-2011, 10:29 PM   #36
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by adr1an Quote
Can't remember last time I dealt with the TSA... but... The only time your ID is checked and pass is sighted and 'verified' is as your pass through the gate??
if I remember correctly, on my recent vacation on both my departure from savannah and my return in washington the TSA verified my boarding pass with my passport at security. not sure for domestic flights, since mine were international but my experience was that both the TSA at security and the people at the gate checked and verified both my ID and my boarding pass. I have no idea if the TSA looked to see if my boarding pass was expired or not, but they certainly checked to see if it belonged to me, that I was who the boarding pass said I was. if this is the proper procedure for both the TSA and airlines, then I would indeed say that this is a gross failure on the part of both. not all airline gates have electronic boarding pass scanners. my continental flight to tokyo didn't, my boarding pass was simply verified with my passport and then hand checked for validity and proper flight by the gate attendant.

Unless of course, the TSA are supposed to stop everyone that fits a profile ??
their 'profile' seems to be everyone. babies still in diapers, the elderly in diapers and everyone in between. which makes you wonder how they always seem to miss what should be obvious.
07-04-2011, 08:44 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Normally, your ID is checked by the airline at the ticket counter if you check luggage or obtain a boarding pass. It is checked (again) by TSA as you enter the line for security. You also show the boarding pass to get through the scanner, and again to board the plane.