Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-27-2011, 10:53 AM   #1
Veteran Member

I've been removed from the forum suggestions board for "abuse"

I guess that means that my opinions are only valid unless the moderators don't like to have anyone tell them when they've gone too far.

I expect to be banned after this thread, of course, as it is most likely whiny and the moderation of this forum will not tolerate something of this nature, as we have seen recently.

Oh well.

06-27-2011, 11:01 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Interesting. I'm curious to know what specific "abuse(s)" you are accused of.

Chris
06-27-2011, 11:02 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
This is what the PM said.

QuoteQuote:
Originally posted by Moderation Team:
Insulting site administration is not in your best interest if you want continued access.
Insulting Adam and challenging his ethics will get you a vacation really fast.
06-27-2011, 11:11 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just take it to the P&R thread........

06-27-2011, 11:14 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The moderators are not here for you to take shots at. They have a tough job and honestly you're only making it harder. I honestly don't know what started all this, why you feel so put out, but they do have a right to tell you to stop. So stop, or leave. Your call, but it would be a shame to see you go. You've been here for quite a while. Clearly you liked something about this forum or you wouldn't still be here, right?
06-27-2011, 11:18 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
The moderators are not here for you to take shots at. They have a tough job and honestly you're only making it harder. I honestly don't know what started all this, why you feel so put out, but they do have a right to tell you to stop. So stop, or leave. Your call, but it would be a shame to see you go. You've been here for quite a while. Clearly you liked something about this forum or you wouldn't still be here, right?
That's a cop-out. The moderators are getting away with things that they shouldn't be able to and the excuse of their job being "hard" isn't a good one. If it's too hard or stressful for them, then they can quit. It's a volunteer job, and I know a lot of people who would love to do it and do a great job at it if these guys don't want to anymore.
06-27-2011, 11:20 AM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Wait a minute- since when can moderators ban users from an entire forum? Only I can do that!!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-27-2011, 11:27 AM   #8
Pentaxian

I was thrown off a board once, when I challenged the one of the moderators because what he was advocating was illegal. Short of something like that, I'm not sure I can think of an issue worth getting tossed for. People say I shouldn't post on some canoe boards because I'm technically an outfitter and guide... My comment is "so what.. because I'm competent enough and qualified enough to charge for my services..that makes my opinion suspect?"... people need to get real. Just because people run a website doesn't mean they have to agree with everything you think. If this website was totally paid for by some business and they ran adds on every page.. it would still be a great website. Or as Henny Youngman put it "My mother in law can live with us as long as she wants... why not? it's her house."
06-27-2011, 11:37 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
The moderators are getting away with things that they shouldn't be able to
*cough* as I am a moderator, I'm included in this claim. Would you be so kind as to explain please exactly what I am getting away with that I shouldn't be able to?
06-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #10
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Let's set the record straight. His claim that he was tossed form the suggestions board is false. The stats show that he has lost access to one individual thread.
We have a policy about not publicly discussing negative actions taken by moderators against forum members, but since he made this public he apparently wanted it known.
06-27-2011, 11:53 AM   #11
Site Supporter

What are you guys getting away with now?
Secretly being Canikons?
Hiding millions of $$$$ in shell corporations in the Caimans?

Can I get in on it?
06-27-2011, 12:00 PM   #12
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by shooz Quote
Can I get in on it?
Only if you know the secret handshake.
06-27-2011, 12:01 PM   #13

Kick him off the forum ADAM. After 3500 Comments and only having a rep of 32 means to me that he is all smoke.
06-27-2011, 12:03 PM   #14
Site Supporter

I think that takes a special keyboard.
Been shakin' the crap out of mine and no luck.
06-27-2011, 12:08 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I reread that thread and see no insult to the mods or Adam in any of jct_us101's posts.
Unless criticism and insult are synonymous here...

Chris
Closed Thread