07-07-2011, 08:46 PM   #76
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like it! Good job!!

07-08-2011, 09:00 AM   #77

I like!

Looks like a good update and refresh. Will be interested to see it when it comes out.
07-08-2011, 11:57 AM   #78
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Have LIKES already been decoupled from REPUTATION? My Rep score just dropped drastically in the last day or so. Part of my Rep was built by contributing many entries to the Serial Number database. Is that reward now gone?
The new likes system has superceded the old reputation system.

What this means:
1. All clicks from members will award 1 "Like" (previously, the number of rep points varied from 0 to 4)
2. All serial numbers and reviews will award 1 "Like"
3. NEW! You can now receive likes for your reviews.
4. New features have been launched: searching for liked posts, likes in threadbit, usercp/profile list of liked posts, and more!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-22-2011, 02:33 AM   #79

Looks very nice!

07-25-2011, 05:49 AM   #80
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The new skin is now live! Enjoy

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-25-2011, 05:56 AM   #81
Veteran Member

All in the time it took me to make 2 dozen pancakes. Quite a surprise when I got back to my computer!
07-25-2011, 06:04 AM   #82
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It is looking amazing Adam :-)

07-25-2011, 06:04 AM   #83
Veteran Member

Hrm, looks pretty cool, but I found a slight hangup, probably a minor backwards-compatibility issue: the actual writing is kind of messed up on this old machine I'm using: (I'm running XP which is still set to emulate Win 98. (Which, this makes me realize is probably something slowing this old machine down more than I can afford right now: think I can at least see if I can stop it from trying to render in a font I chose when my eyesight was suffering from an incorrect eyeglass prescription. )

What I'm seeing is that the text looks OK for a moment on first loading a page, then the text in posts changes from how it probably should look to something actually rather hard to read, with the letters L and I and certain caps in bold. Looks kind of whimsical, actually. I think it's time I turned off whatever setting's doing that on my end, but I thought I'd let you know.
07-25-2011, 07:01 AM   #84
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
We use font embedding for that font- perhaps your browser doesn't support that (but it should, since we force outdated IE users to stick with the old style). Might be an OS thing, too. Try windows 7 :P

Adam

07-25-2011, 07:54 AM   #85
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Looks really nice!
07-25-2011, 12:29 PM   #86
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

and working well too... Good work launching this new look Adam.
07-25-2011, 04:12 PM   #87
Veteran Member

Firefox 3.6.18

The fonts are pretty bad on mine. I'm using Win 7 64 bit pro. It look good in IE, but I hate IE. I'm wondering if updating to FF 4 would make a difference. Sort of stuck here as many of my add-ons don't work with FF 4

Edit: It looks like this. The fonts are pretty... It seems like every few letters the font is in bold..
07-25-2011, 04:33 PM   #88
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
We use font embedding for that font- perhaps your browser doesn't support that (but it should, since we force outdated IE users to stick with the old style). Might be an OS thing, too. Try windows 7 :P
Can't. Not on that machine, anyway. He'd never run Win 7 if I could buy a copy, and I haven't touched IE in years, though it seems Firefox is getting near as bloated. Works fine, all this, on sweetie's, though, just mentioning there's a glitch. I messed with it on the old machine and I found that it was actually far worse *not* to have my browser force a the typeface on browser windows, actually: I'd assumed the fault was on my end but it may not be. I'd already been set to let any given site override my system's font choices. So there may really be a backwards-compatibility issue.

(What I get looks like what Glee shows, only the letters look like they're not made for the screen resolution, and the letters that end up in bold are different ones. As I said, l and i and certain caps. )

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 07-25-2011 at 04:41 PM.
07-25-2011, 05:53 PM   #89
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Overall very good design, clean and (seems to me) faster loading.

For me:

Any possible way to decrease the font size overall and perhaps get rid of the "lost spaces"; I recall reading somewhere mentioning about the forum being "sparse."

Cheers.

JP