Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Amusing eBay item description

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I was looking at bags on eBay and thought I'd share this one with you.
Be sure to read the description, highlighted in pink on the auction page:

Plsen Outdoors photography package of canvas bag khaki

Enjoy!

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 07-10-2011 at 07:15 AM.
07-09-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just shows that machine translation isn't as good as human translation yet. There's still a few things that people can do better.

I remember translating something from German to English using an internet translator, the results were similar in a way, if I'm reading the part you're mentioning correctly.
07-09-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
Veteran Member

If this guy wasn't selling from China on Ebay I'd probably spring for one of these. It's the same canvas bag that National Geographic put out in tan and I like it a lot actually but it's usually well over $45 when I see it online elsewhere. Looks comfy and discreet to me. His language is a bit interesting but it may be that he simply wrote something in his language got a quick translation online and it simply didn't translate well?
07-09-2011, 04:30 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The pectoral girdle withstanding 10 kg clinches it for me.

07-09-2011, 06:30 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Indeed. Babelfish strikes again!

This Chinese company offers a vast array of camera bags: Godspeed Bags
The Godspeed bag I owned was as nicely made as most major brands.

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 07-09-2011 at 07:07 PM.
07-09-2011, 07:35 PM   #6
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
If this guy wasn't selling from China on Ebay I'd probably spring for one of these. It's the same canvas bag that National Geographic put out in tan and I like it a lot actually but it's usually well over $45 when I see it online elsewhere. Looks comfy and discreet to me. His language is a bit interesting but it may be that he simply wrote something in his language got a quick translation online and it simply didn't translate well?
The location shouldn't matter, it's the seller's feedback that is more important. Also, the shipping, which in this case looks free. I've ordered from Asia before with little issues, but I always choose reputable ebay sellers. You're protected by paypal when ordering from anywhere in the world. If you don't get it, you file a dispute and if the seller doesn't have proof of delivery to you, you get reimbursed. There really is no risk involved, barring the wait time is a little longer than a US transaction.
07-10-2011, 12:33 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Didn't you guys notice? You can't put a Pentax camera in that bag.

07-10-2011, 01:32 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Didn't you guys notice? You can't put a Pentax camera in that bag.
Probably because it grinds the brass button.
07-10-2011, 08:28 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I actually don't much like Ebay or Pay Pal. Ordering from Asia, India can be very pricey from what I have seen regardless of the locale of the listing. I didn't look at this guy's shipping fees admittedly because usually they're so high when I see something from there that I can't even afford to go there. It makes no sense to buy a bag for $25 then to pay the extra $15 in shipping anyhow. I figure I might as well buy it from Amazon it will cost the same thing anyway.

I'm seriously contemplating that Nat Geo version of the bag. I really like it but it will have to wait for a bit yet. I spent my gear budget for the whole summer on my kit lens pretty much. It's not actually for my K-x though that I want it. It's for Queenie my SPII. I think she'd look very nice in it.

QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
The location shouldn't matter, it's the seller's feedback that is more important. Also, the shipping, which in this case looks free. I've ordered from Asia before with little issues, but I always choose reputable ebay sellers. You're protected by paypal when ordering from anywhere in the world. If you don't get it, you file a dispute and if the seller doesn't have proof of delivery to you, you get reimbursed. There really is no risk involved, barring the wait time is a little longer than a US transaction.
07-10-2011, 09:08 AM   #10
K-9
Veteran Member

Looks like the seller offered free shipping, so the $28.49 you saw for the bag is all you pay.
07-10-2011, 09:21 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I ordered from a seller in China once.
The item arrived in about a week, no worse than many domestic eBay sellers.

Chris
07-10-2011, 01:20 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I bought two different Voigtlander lenses from China (HKBN), got them in two days. I've bought a bunch of lens hoods, step up/down adapters, stereo knobs, and an expensive Zero Tolerance knife . . . all arrived without a hitch with free shipping, and I am happy with the quality. Some of the less expensive stuff, like the hoods and step up/down adapters took 18 days to get here, but for $3 I can't complain.