Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2011, 04:20 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Pentax K7, Fa 43mm ltd stolen

Hi

I recently had my kit stolen and just want this out to the whole world to see:

Pentax K7 (serial number 3428965) and Pentax FA 43mm ltd was stolen from my room in Key Royal Angkor Guesthouse in Siem Reap, Cambodia.

I suspect it will be for sale if not already passed on, so if you see it. Well, now you know ... and if you are honest you let me know. I would rather have it back! I don't expect to see it again, but at least the new owner will know that the serial number of his camera and my name will come up if searches the net. It is also recorded with Stolen Camera Finder - find your photos, find your camera

The actual theft? It is a long story! I will tell it all when I am back home. Actually, I consider writing a open letter of complaint to the Tourism Authorities of Cambodia and post it on the major travel foras, because the guesthouse staff and the Tourist Police's dealing with the case was a farce. Cambodia still have a long way to go!

I am 99% a cambodian guy did it (stayed in the room next to mine, and left the guesthouse by the backdoor 10 minutes after I went out for dinner), and I have reason to suspect a person from the guesthouse helped. Another couple had their Ipod stolen a few days later!

Oh, and Siem Reap is a dump! If you still feel like visiting, at least stay clear of Key Royal Angkor Guesthouse!

07-14-2011, 04:24 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Make sure you post the serial in our serial database- people often check there prior to buying on ebay!

Pentax Serial Number Database - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-14-2011, 04:30 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
May be you can put these serial numbers on a free blogger blog also.
07-14-2011, 04:43 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I have a blog and I will put it there as well. I did not know about the serial number db, I will go there asap.

My blog is here btw. Unfortunately, it is not updated with stories or pictures from my present trip as I plan to restructure the site completely when I am home again and have the time.

07-25-2011, 01:48 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Pentax FA 43mm serial

I just got back to Denmark, and according to the receipt from SRS the Pentax FA 43mm I had stolen has this serial number: #0028350.