Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2011, 11:26 AM - 1 Like   #1
Banned

Casey Anthony Appealing Conviction For Lying To Police

QuoteQuote:
Casey Anthony's attorneys have filed a notice of appeal for her four convictions of lying to police. The document was filed at Orange County Court Courthouse Friday by Anthony's lead defense attorney, Jose Baez.

Last week, a jury of seven women and five men acquitted 25-year-old Anthony of killing her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee. The jury did, however, find Anthony guilty of four lesser counts of lying to police officers about the disappearance of her child.

On July 7, Chief Judge Belvin Perry sentenced Anthony to four years for the misdemeanor counts, but he shortened her term because she has served more than 1,000 days behind bars. She is scheduled for release Sunday.

Anthony's attorneys have also filed a motion asking Anthony be deemed indigent. If the motion is granted, the State of Florida will have to foot the bill for legal expenses associated with her appeal.

I think she will be burned at the stake along with her low life attorneys soon.

07-15-2011, 04:35 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Disgusting.
07-15-2011, 10:24 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
They have to file that appeal and get her declared indigent otherwise the state can come back at her for expenses, for the cost of the searches etc. It's all about money she doesn't have and protecting any she might make so her lawyers can take their chunk of it. It's probably the only way they are going to get paid.
07-16-2011, 04:40 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote

I think she will be burned at the stake along with her low life attorneys soon.
May you never be accused of a crime and need a "low life attorney."

07-16-2011, 04:41 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
They have to file that appeal and get her declared indigent otherwise the state can come back at her for expenses, for the cost of the searches etc. It's all about money she doesn't have and protecting any she might make so her lawyers can take their chunk of it. It's probably the only way they are going to get paid.
She can bankrupt that out, though that may be one reason. The more important reason given is that she keeps her fifth amendment right not to answer questions as long as an appeal is pending.
07-16-2011, 05:23 AM   #6
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
May you never be accused of a crime and need a "low life attorney."
07-16-2011, 05:49 AM   #7
Veteran Member

And your point is? This is a more complete article which both points out the hypocrisy and the reasons for things that happened. Casey Anthony: TV’s attorneys answer Cheney Mason’s criticism – The TV Guy – Orlando Sentinel

Hypocrite or not, good at handling media or not, Mason is right about the press in this case. As for their being "scumbags," these lawyers defended an extremely unpopular client for little money. I probably wouldn't agree with everything they did, but I'm not hearing of any legal technicalities or dirty tricks which got Casey Anthony off. They did what defense lawyers are supposed to do--make the prosecution prove its case. I suspect it would be impossible to do so without getting called "scumbags" in today's media climate.

The lawyers who deserve your ire are the prosecutors who withdrew felony abuse and neglect charges upon which this jury would have undoubtedly convicted. They were looking to pull off a more sensational conviction for which they really didn't have proof. Had they convicted, there would be a far more interesting appeal. By not charging her with these crimes, they let the defense get a complete acquittal by hinting or even proving that she was guilty of another felony rather than murder.

Last edited by GeneV; 07-16-2011 at 06:09 AM.
07-16-2011, 08:25 AM   #8
Banned

Original Poster
"And your point is? "

Casey Anthony is a low life POS and I hope she is found in a swamp like Caylee along with her scumbag POS lawyers. The people that are sending money and gifts to Casey belong there also. I have a two year old granddaughter and to think there are monsters among us that have a party after what has happened is insane.
07-16-2011, 08:57 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
"And your point is? "

Casey Anthony is a low life POS and I hope she is found in a swamp like Caylee along with her scumbag POS lawyers. The people that are sending money and gifts to Casey belong there also. I have a two year old granddaughter and to think there are monsters among us that have a party after what has happened is insane.
With Casey Anthony, you have a point. She seems to be a waste of space.

My question was directed at the point of that silly video about the lawyer being harassed by reporters. I'm sorry, but I don't get the point about the lawyers. You've pointed out nothing that they have done to make them "scumbags" other than doing their jobs. They gave up more than they got to provide a constitutional right to an unpopular person. That part just sounds like anger over reason. Are the acquitting jurors who gave their time and heard all the evidence "scumbags?" Would any doctors from now on who might save her life be scumbags as well? How about the grocery store that sells her food to keep her alive?

I can find examples of lawyers acting in ways that are lower than pond scum. So far, I haven't seen that here.

Last edited by GeneV; 07-16-2011 at 09:23 AM.
07-16-2011, 09:26 AM   #10
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
I'm sorry, but I don't get the point about the lawyers.
I don't either.
Just curious, Gene. In your experience, who do people who think that all defense attorneys are scumbags call when they're accused of a crime? Plumber, mechanic, electrician? or do they suddenly have an epiphany and decide that maybe lawyers aren't so bad after all?
07-16-2011, 09:47 AM   #11
K-9
Veteran Member

Link

QuoteQuote:
Woman Who Looks Like Casey Anthony, Sammy Blackwell, Attacked By Driver In Oklahoma
07-16-2011, 10:00 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Is it just me that sometimes thinks the titles "Defense Attorney" and "Stand Up Philosopher" should be interchangeable? ......oh no wait a second , lawyers don't find themselves in the un employment line ....

Last edited by seacapt; 07-16-2011 at 05:53 PM.
07-16-2011, 10:26 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I don't either.
Just curious, Gene. In your experience, who do people who think that all defense attorneys are scumbags call when they're accused of a crime? Plumber, mechanic, electrician? or do they suddenly have an epiphany and decide that maybe lawyers aren't so bad after all?
Same thing happens when they are hit by a car. All of a sudden, they want someone chasing their ambulance.

I suppose a few of the fictional citizens of Maycomb, Alabama wanted to see Atticus Finch at the bottom of a swamp. After all, everyone knew Tom Robinson was guilty. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Kill_a_Mockingbird

Last edited by GeneV; 07-16-2011 at 10:41 AM.
07-16-2011, 10:31 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
Is it just me that sometimes thinks the titles "Deffence Attorney" and "Stand Up Philosopher" should be interchangeable? ......oh no wait a second , lawyers don't find themselves in the un employment line ....
Some would say the job of a defense attorney is calling BS.

Last edited by GeneV; 07-16-2011 at 10:53 AM.
07-16-2011, 10:46 AM - 1 Like   #15
Veteran Member

It never ceases to amaze me how some of you just assume that this woman is 100% guilty when there is actually no physical proof whatsoever of her guilt. Yeah, she lied about where her child was, but some perfectly innocent people under extreme pressure do lie and try to act normal when they get panicked, and just because she was panicked doesn't mean she killed her child. In any case a jury set her free because no one could prove she'd done a darned thing. In the court of public opinion this woman is guilty but really we don't know she is. Vilifying her and her attorneys for defending her is pretty lame.

Everyone accused of a crime is entitled to a competent defense. Someone had to represent this woman, period. Her team did a good job of pointing out there was no physical evidence and providing a reasonable doubt. The prosecution could not prove their case, could not prove that she had done anything except lie a lot, something she was apparently inclined to do all the time, and often for no reason.

Casey Anthony is a chronic liar. That has been proven without a doubt. She's got money issues and a serious need for attention. She steals from her friends apparently, all bad things, but that doesn't necessarily make her a murderer, and no one has the right to condemn her for being one unless they can prove it, period.

As for her lawyers I would hope that each and every one of you should have a good one at your side if indeed the day comes that you need one because innocent or guilty someone has to argue your case, has to make a jury see you are innocent if indeed you are.

I know that most people think the chance is pretty remote, but what if this woman actually is innocent? What if she got scared and lied and that was all she did? Would you see her really fried for that? I wouldn't. People are angry that Caylee died. They want to condemn the only person who they "think" could have possibly done it, even if she didn't. They just need someone to blame, to hang. But a lynch mob, that's not justice for poor Caylee. That's just insanity.