Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2011, 07:35 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
I think that comment about the extremes can actually be applied to both parties how many times have the "blue dogs" been attacked by the current leadership as wanting to sell out the party in order to compromise with the Republicans. The left may not be motivated by religion as many on the extreme right are but there are just as many rabid extremists in the democratic party as there are in the republican part. I think that is the "independent" party actually started recruiting the moderates in both parties to form a true centrist party then we may have the radical shift in politics in America that may make things work again.
gokenin, this is a genuine request for information - not an "angry retort":

I would classify most of the Tea Party members as extreme - who (or which group) would you classify as the extremists on the left side.

Just so that we know who we are talking about.

07-20-2011, 07:44 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
I think that comment about the extremes can actually be applied to both parties how many times have the "blue dogs" been attacked by the current leadership as wanting to sell out the party in order to compromise with the Republicans. The left may not be motivated by religion as many on the extreme right are but there are just as many rabid extremists in the democratic party as there are in the republican part. I think that is the "independent" party actually started recruiting the moderates in both parties to form a true centrist party then we may have the radical shift in politics in America that may make things work again.
I think it is a matter of degree and swings in cycles. Right now, the left wing of the Democratic party is pretty toothless.

The Blue Dogs are attacked for actively preventing measures from passing that were supported by an overwhelming majority of their party. In many cases, they required bribes to refrain from filibuster. It is not just the extreme left that has a problem with their blocking more significant health care reform. It is the majority of the rank and file of the party. Dissent is pretty common in the Democratic party, but actually blocking a vote on and essential part of your own party's platform just about destroys the party's effectiveness.

Interestingly, the Republicans also attack on this board by faulting the Dems for not getting bills through which were blocked by the Blue Dogs.

Last edited by GeneV; 07-20-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Closed Thread