Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
07-23-2011, 01:37 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Amy Winehouse

Tragic loss of a tallented but troubled soul. The vid....."Back to Black'.....at the end....it says "R.I.P The heart of Amy Winehouse". That is very disturbing to me......

07-23-2011, 01:45 PM   #2
Veteran Member

On a good day she was possibly the best female singer we've heard in many years. On a bad day I've heard better karaoke.

A tragic waste, she was so talented.
07-23-2011, 02:07 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Another Janis. Damn.
07-23-2011, 02:25 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cry me a river. I've got better things to do than worry about people who have no good reason for not getting their crap together.

07-23-2011, 02:41 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
Cry me a river. I've got better things to do than worry about people who have no good reason for not getting their crap together.
We all got issues. I was trying to pay some sort of a tribute to her for her talent and I had no intentions of starting a bashing thread. The woman has passed away. Please don't post if you are going to be negative.
07-23-2011, 02:50 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
and yet you have time to throw a couple of judgmental lines in this thread
07-23-2011, 03:29 PM   #7
Veteran Member

On a totally different forum is mention of the CURSE OF 27 -- Amy Winhouse, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, all dead at 27. But since that was a SPEKTICS forum, mention was of course made of many musicians+actors who died young, but not at 27. Just coincidence.

Losing any creative person at any age, whether by self-destruction or disease or accident or violence, is a damn shame and we're all the poorer for their demise. So we light candles in remembrance of what was, and in mourning for what might have been. Now let us continue with life.

07-23-2011, 03:37 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Like I said, better things to do than idolize the "tragedy" she was. And no, we really are not any poorer for her demise unless you're a tabloid editor or paparazzi.
07-23-2011, 03:44 PM   #9
Veteran Member

She was a talented woman. It's a real shame her addictions got her and likely they did though they haven't released a cause of death as yet. I like to hope for the best but when it comes to addictions like that I usually don't expect it. Once in a while someone does get their act together and beat it though and that does make me strangely happy. The fact that Robert Downey Jr is actually alive, well, and still making some great movies and music delights me to no end. His work in Chaplin, it was just awe inspiring and for a while there I was reading the news every day half expecting to see his obit.

Addiction is a terrible thing. The damage it does to families and to society as a whole is incalculable, but it's particularly sad when a young artist of any kind loses his or her battle for sobriety. No one should die of drug or alcohol addiction at any age, but being that talented, dying in your 20's before you have half a chance to even hardly share your talent with the world, that truly is sad.

I can't help but wonder what wonderful music she would have made if she had survived and now she never will.

Poor woman, RIP...
07-23-2011, 03:47 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Like I said, better things to do than idolize the "tragedy" she was. And no, we really are not any poorer for her demise unless you're a tabloid editor or paparazzi.
Tell that to the people that loved her as a person, her family, her friends, everyone who had to sit there and watch her struggle with addiction. They probably all tried to help, but she just couldn't muster the will to save herself. Now they're left behind, to mourn her, and probably to blame themselves even though logically they know there is nothing more they could have done. Amy Winehouse is finally beyond her pain, but the people left behind, that's another story.
07-23-2011, 04:17 PM   #11
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

But, apparently, nothing better to do than post about having better things to do.

Interesting.
07-23-2011, 08:41 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
But, apparently, nothing better to do than post about having better things to do.

Interesting.
Just goes to show how worthwhile it all is. But I'll concede, she's very deserving of her Darwin Award.
07-24-2011, 01:42 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Just goes to show how worthwhile it all is. But I'll concede, she's very deserving of her Darwin Award.
Well, life must be just peachy for you then ? Living in your world of moms apple pie and white painted picket fences.
You've obviously lived a charmed life where people magically "get their shit together" and overcome addictions.

Wherever you live, it ain't the real world.
07-24-2011, 01:47 PM   #14
Pentaxian

Well... an announced tragedy.

Now it's time for the media to profit on her death. It's on my TV all day.
07-24-2011, 04:39 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Never heard of her.