Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2011, 08:50 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have a (rarely-used) cordless land-line phone, and don't understand anything you guys are talking about.

Seriously, I'm am not fond of listening to 1/2 of a conversation in the checkout line, or the hallways of work.

07-29-2011, 10:21 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by yeatzee Quote
hmmm very interesting. I said free because the "3g mobile hotspot" app was never on the phone before the update and than it just magically appeared. There's absolutely nothing on the application that says I will be charged in any way, but it doesn't say its free either. Sneaky B*&#$^%@ if I will be charged for it..... even though I only used it for 3 minutes MAX.

Still absolutely in love with the new update though..... however I have seen a decrease in battery life unfortunately.
So it actually installed an app on your phone? Because what I was talking about was activating the wifi hotspot through the settings menu. Pretty sure it's still not free but for the update to add an app to your phone and especially if they don't give any indication of fees then it might be free. I have an HTC Evo 3D which runs gingerbread and have no such app but have it in the settings menu and have been told that if I activate the hotspot it will be automatically added to my plan which is an additional $20 I think.
08-11-2011, 12:45 AM   #18
Inactive Account

I'm a big fan of the Android Apparently it has 50% market share at the moment...I used it mostly to play browser games (Angry Birds....is. so. addictive) like Skyrama/Farmerama and it doesn't freeze or lag too often. Otherwise my only complaint is when my inbox fills up, it seems to take ages to open!

Last edited by happysnapz; 08-15-2011 at 02:16 AM.