Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2011, 05:59 AM   #1
Banned

Nutrisystem: Hot Dogs and ice cream diet !

How friggen dumb are Americans that they would fall for that BS ! I just watched the Nutrisystem TV ad that must be paid for by US Doctors to keep their waiting rooms full of clueless sick dumb Americans.

QuoteQuote:
On four separate occasions, I found objects in my plate of food that I ordered from nutrisystem. The objects include a piece of thick blue plastic, a brown rubber band, a twig and a thin piece of plue plastic. On at least three occasions, I actually phoned Nutrisystem to alert them of the problem, and I know they made detailed notes of my complaint. My complaints were not taken seriously; their response was to simply send me a replacement item of food.

I signed up for Nutrisystem 2 months ago. I figured I would give it a shot but when my first shipment arrived I knew I had made a mistake. The shelf stable food is disgusting. Most of it is made with mystery meat, overcooked vegtables, and way too much sauce on everything. I could only imagine what kind of chemicals are in the food. My favorite was the chicken salad, on the package it states "artificially lightened". Whats does that mean? The took the worst parts of the chicken and bleached them so they looked like white meat? The frozen foods were ok but they don't let you customize what you are getting so they give more of the cheap stuff. The chicken and turkey meals are gross because you can tell that they take the leftovers from the meatpacking plant and mush them together to make pieces of "chicken". I even found a piece of wood in the green beans which I choked on. When I called them to let them know they gave me a $10 coupon off my next shipment. Are you kidding me? I could have gotten splinters in my throat from that. If you want to lose weight just start eating healthy fresh food is way better than the chemical laden food.
Consumer Complaints about NutriSystem

08-03-2011, 06:11 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
LOL! Unbelievable... I'm seriously beginning to doubt the whole evolution-theory now.
08-03-2011, 06:40 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Weight Loss has got be a billion dollar + industry. I think a lot of us are amazed (Herbal Magic ??? you mean there's magic involved in weight loss ???)

Anytime I want to lose weight I don't sign up for Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem, or any of those plans.

I try and use a much more simplified formula of :

Cardio (I get on the treadmill or Eliptical) 45 minutes in the morning
Water - drink lots of it
And here's the real secret (you can pay pal me for this advice) - eating better where one tries to burn more calories than consumed

I don't calorie count, sometimes I will drink Beer or have a Pizza , but generally I can loose wieght and inches...by just using some common sense.

Where I (and a lot of us have issues) is maintenance - Once I have acheived my wieght loss I slowly go back into some bad habbits and after several months have to start over
08-03-2011, 06:53 AM   #4
Banned

Original Poster
I juice raw fruit and vegetables every day and I never felt better. Here is a clip from a great video on the value of juicing and eating whole foods :

http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/
http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/about-the-film/learn-more/recipies/

Last edited by jogiba; 08-03-2011 at 07:00 AM.
08-03-2011, 07:01 AM   #5
Veteran Member

A friend and I were thinking about it once. We went in to talk to the nutritional counselor but immediately dumped the idea when we saw actual samples of the food. Weight Watchers style food that you pay $800 a month for? Yuck. I can't stomach diet frozen dinners at all. They're all terrible and it's a joke how bad Nutrisystem food really is considering what they are charging for it. Anyone would lose weight on the stuff. It's so bad it's inedible. You just starve trying to choke it down, that's all there is to it!
08-03-2011, 07:03 AM   #6
Veteran Member

There is the simple, cheap, effective Physics Diet: Expend more calories than you consume. Works every time!

How-2: Drink water, not sugared nor alcoholic beverages. Walk or bike, don't drive. Climb stairs; avoid elevators and escalators. Eat all the raw fruit and veggies you want, except coconuts. Avoid fried crap. Avoid diets. Walk and bike some more. Cultivate tapeworms. See, it's easy!