Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Supercongress selection idea

One of the things I am most upset about in the debt ceiling bill is the Supercongress, but today I thought of a way we could make the supercongress idea better. Instead of letting Boehner, Pelosi, Reid, and McConnell hand pick who is on the congress we let the american people decide.

What I am proposing is a reality show where congresspersons who want to be Supercongresspersons have to sing covers of pop music like american idol, dance like dancing with the stars, and model like america's next top model to get into the american people's hearts and serve in the Supercongress. Once the Supercongress is selected, they will be required to live and work in a Big Brother house 24/7 under constant surveillance by the american people until they reach a deal.

Either that or a lottery system, but the Reality TV show would be more fulfilling.

08-04-2011, 01:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
One of the things I am most upset about in the debt ceiling bill is the Supercongress, but today I thought of a way we could make the supercongress idea better. Instead of letting Boehner, Pelosi, Reid, and McConnell hand pick who is on the congress we let the american people decide.

What I am proposing is a reality show where congresspersons who want to be Supercongresspersons have to sing covers of pop music like american idol, dance like dancing with the stars, and model like america's next top model to get into the american people's hearts and serve in the Supercongress. Once the Supercongress is selected, they will be required to live and work in a Big Brother house 24/7 under constant surveillance by the american people until they reach a deal.

Either that or a lottery system, but the Reality TV show would be more fulfilling.
I wanted ALL of congress picked by state lottery if you remember (or saw it)...

Personally a super congress is anti-constitutional and certainly not in line w/ what I think the orig. founders intended, where gridlock WAS part of the system.

But since we are hell bent on throwing the constitution out in order to "save" it...... ehhh........

10 years from now the world will be a much different place, as advancing countries exceed and regressive ones falling by the wayside....