Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2011, 01:30 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by newarts Quote
What answer?
HAd something to do w/ the blood of patriots, tyrants ect..........

Please elaborate... I don't follow...I'm a dummy...
QuoteQuote:
But I believe it to be inconsistent with any great degree of population. The second state has a great deal of good in it. The mass of mankind under that enjoys a precious degree of liberty and happiness. It has its evils, too, the principal of which is the turbulence to which it is subject. But weigh this against the oppressions of monarchy, and it becomes nothing. Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietam servitutem. Even this evil is productive of good. It prevents the degeneracy of government and nourishes a general attention to the public affairs.

I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. Unsuccessful rebellions, indeed, generally establish the encroachments on the rights of the people which have produced them. An observation of this truth should render honest republican governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions as not to discourage them too much. It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government.
A Little Rebellion Now and Then Is A Good Thing
QuoteQuote:
Dear Sir,

My last to you was of the 16th of December; since which, I have received yours of November 25 and December 4, which afforded me, as your letters always do, a treat on matters public, individual, and economical. I am impatient to learn your sentiments on the late troubles in the Eastern states. So far as I have yet seen, they do not appear to threaten serious consequences. Those states have suffered by the stoppage of the channels of their commerce, which have not yet found other issues. This must render money scarce and make the people uneasy. This uneasiness has produced acts absolutely unjustifiable; but I hope they will provoke no severities from their governments. A consciousness of those in power that their administration of the public affairs has been honest may, perhaps, produce too great a degree of indignation; and those characters, wherein fear predominates over hope, may apprehend too much from these instances of irregularity. They may conclude too hastily that nature has formed man insusceptible of any other government than that of force, a conclusion not founded in truth or experience.
mix/match cut/paste as you desire.............

Last edited by jeffkrol; 08-06-2011 at 01:50 PM.
08-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by newarts Quote

People NOW understand the need for money in the pockets of consumers to create jobs. It just wasn't publicized dramatically enough and early enough to make a critical difference.
Emotions are still ruling the day.,. since 9/11 actually (America justifying torture really!)
MAYBE now is the turning point,, and hindsight is always 20/20.. Like the real estate bubble (there were plenty of voices crying in the wilderness LONG before the pop.
Matter of fact the pop, which seemed to be purposely prolonged to right till the end of the Bush term, is suspicious in itself. Like someone (I believe Bernake) just said.. "hey it's over" and it WAS over......and the plug was pulled.....

I also believe we are smarter and wiser here (even the opposing viewpoints than 90% of the US.. (pat selves on back)............
08-06-2011, 08:13 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's the new 'populism.'

Sell the people what 'they want...'

(Batteries not included, some constrictions may apply. )

Bon appetit.