Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-10-2011, 03:28 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looking to start a photo website?

About a week ago I was contacted by the makers of a new web site service for photographers, Free Online Portfolio | Websites for Photographers, Artists, and Creative People | Vevia, and it seemed like something that might be useful for some of the members here on PF.

As stated on their site, "Vevia is an advanced but user friendly system that allows you to quickly and easily create/manage your online portfolio website."

If anyone is interested in their services, I was able to obtain a special promotional discount code for their premium accounts (this with increased photo space): pentaxforums_20off

As far as I can see, their pricing is pretty reasonable, and they also offer a basic account which is free to get you started - no payment required at all if you choose not to upgrade.

Hope someone will find this helpful

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-10-2011, 10:22 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I just set myself up a basic freebie account there, and I'm checking it out now. It seems pretty user friendly, I'll have to see how it looks in the end though.
08-17-2011, 04:53 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Great! Let me know how it is!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-17-2011, 05:07 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I tried it and was wondering what's the USP of this website, especially at such a high price and when there are enough free options available.

Anyway, thanks Adam for obtaining promotional offer, may be someone will find it useful.

08-17-2011, 07:28 AM   #5

Website

Having had hassles with hosting space before, I have to say I've been happy with Streamlinenet's Unlimited deal. There's currently about 6500 images online.

My website is Edinburgh Photography by Dave Henniker and Streamlinenet's is Streamline.net - Web hosting made easy.

I used to have to haggle with Easynet to get another 50MB. Netcetera sucked cash out of my credit card because of high bandwidth aka too popular. I got it back eventually after involving my MP and the financial ombudsman. Read the small print, all of it, carefully - even if it's difficult to find.
08-17-2011, 02:04 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Adam,

Thank you for the post. Vevia, like any website service, isn't for everything. We cater to photographers and artists that are looking to get a beautiful minimalist website online without needing to deal with any of the the technical issues. So any Vevia fee is for both web hosting and access to Vevia to control your website.

A user mentioned an issue regarding bandwidth (data transfer) for users. We don't monitor bandwidth on a per-user basis. Users can get as much traffic on their website as they can, without any additional fees. We want our user's websites to be successful and we're here to help.