Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-19-2011, 03:30 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
Of course, Ron Paul isn't just a fanatic Ayn Rand devotee like the son he claims he didn't name after her. He's also, as James Kirchick demonstrated last year, a flagrant racist:

Paul’s alliance with neo-Confederates helps explain the views his newsletters have long espoused on race. Take, for instance, a special issue of the Ron Paul Political Report,published in June 1992, dedicated to explaining the Los Angeles riots of that year. “Order was only restored in L.A. when it came time for the blacks to pick up their welfare checks three days after rioting began,” read one typical passage. According to the newsletter, the looting was a natural byproduct of government indulging the black community with “‘civil rights,’ quotas, mandated hiring preferences, set-asides for government contracts, gerrymandered voting districts, black bureaucracies, black mayors, black curricula in schools, black tv shows, black tv anchors, hate crime laws, and public humiliation for anyone who dares question the black agenda.” It also denounced “the media” for believing that “America’s number one need is an unlimited white checking account for underclass blacks.”...

This “Special Issue on Racial Terrorism” was hardly the first time one of Paul’s publications had raised these topics. As early as December 1989, a section of hisInvestment Letter, titled “What To Expect for the 1990s,” predicted that “Racial Violence Will Fill Our Cities” because “mostly black welfare recipients will feel justified in stealing from mostly white ‘haves.’” Two months later, a newsletter warned of “The Coming Race War,” and, in November 1990, an item advised readers, “If you live in a major city, and can leave, do so. If not, but you can have a rural retreat, for investment and refuge, buy it.” In June 1991, an entry on racial disturbances in Washington, DC’s Adams Morgan neighborhood was titled, “Animals Take Over the D.C. Zoo.” “This is only the first skirmish in the race war of the 1990s,” the newsletter predicted. In an October 1992 item about urban crime, the newsletter’s author--presumably Paul--wrote, “I’ve urged everyone in my family to know how to use a gun in self defense. For the animals are coming.” That same year, a newsletter described the aftermath of a basketball game in which “blacks poured into the streets of Chicago in celebration. How to celebrate? How else? They broke the windows of stores to loot.” The newsletter inveighed against liberals who “want to keep white America from taking action against black crime and welfare,” adding, “Jury verdicts, basketball games, and even music are enough to set off black rage, it seems.”
Ron Paul's Racism | The New Republic
QuoteQuote:
The Freedom Report’s online archives only go back to 1999, but I was curious to see older editions of Paul’s newsletters, in part because of a controversy dating to 1996, when Charles “Lefty” Morris, a Democrat running against Paul for a House seat, released excerpts stating that “opinion polls consistently show only about 5% of blacks have sensible political opinions,” that “if you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be,” and that black representative Barbara Jordan is “the archetypical half-educated victimologist” whose “race and sex protect her from criticism.” At the time, Paul’s campaign said that Morris had quoted the newsletter out of context. Later, in 2001, Paul would claim that someone else had written the controversial passages. (Few of the newsletters contain actual bylines.) Caldwell, writing in the Times Magazine last year, said he found Paul’s explanation believable, “since the style diverges widely from his own.”

Finding the pre-1999 newsletters was no easy task, but I was able to track many of them down at the libraries of the University of Kansas and the Wisconsin Historical Society. Of course, with few bylines, it is difficult to know whether any particular article was written by Paul himself. Some of the earlier newsletters are signed by him, though the vast majority of the editions I saw contain no bylines at all. Complicating matters, many of the unbylined newsletters were written in the first person, implying that Paul was the author.

But, whoever actually wrote them, the newsletters I saw all had one thing in common: They were published under a banner containing Paul’s name, and the articles (except for one special edition of a newsletter that contained the byline of another writer) seem designed to create the impression that they were written by him--and reflected his views. What they reveal are decades worth of obsession with conspiracies, sympathy for the right-wing militia movement, and deeply held bigotry against blacks, Jews, and gays. In short, they suggest that Ron Paul is not the plain-speaking antiwar activist his supporters believe they are backing--but rather a member in good standing of some of the oldest and ugliest traditions in American politics.
Angry White Man | The New Republic

08-20-2011, 02:21 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Oh here we go again - All of this racist crap WAS NEVER WRITTEN by Ron Paul. It was all in a newsletter that was loosely associated with him. If the idiots at the New Republic (which btw is not worth the paper its printed on.. its so far up its own ass) actually did some research on the matter or GASP ask Ron Paul for a comment on the matter.. but hey you gotta love tabloid journalism.

I can give you a pretty clear and concise reason why Ron Paul is ignored. Basically while the establishment (the two parties) do not directly control the networks, the MAJORITY of their paid "contributors" are. Basically the people who come on and give their "opinion" on the days events, are in one way or another connected to the establishment of the two party duopoly/dictatorship.

The reality is "they" don't actually give their opinion; these contributors tell the talking points that are given to them from their respected party bosses... if you want proof of this you only need to watch the daily show where they run a clip where everyone just seems to say the SAME THING.

Ron Paul is a individual who says his own thing and doesn't take orders on what he should "believe" from his party bosses.

He is therefore not controllable and is blacked out by the media because they "contributors" never talk about him.
08-20-2011, 03:01 AM   #33
Veteran Member

To put it in my perspective, Paul fails on a few things. 1) Gold standard vs Fiat currency or Mises vs. Keynes...

2) Paul's ideal of a just white america........

I won't go into all of it, I've posted a million times on the strength of fiat currency ect.

as to his racism, his words are sound but I'll use someone elses words to express the minor catch..

QuoteQuote:
Eli Johnson
August 20, 2011 at 12:12 am | Permalink | Reply

Not to be awful, but if given the opportunity will White Americans do the right thing in situations such as providing rights to all citizens, etc.? The answer would be no. I have rarely met a White American who does not believe they are superior based on pigment alone. It doesn’t matter if it is a hillbilly from WV, there is something about Whites in America that is inherently insidious. I for one would not want to have to wait around for a bunch of White people to get a conscience and a brain for that matter for my life to change and I’m a White person albeit a transplanted European with much better fashion sense and overall taste. I digress..

I see if from the perspective of a person who is generally appalled at the anti-intellectual bent of most White Americans. Being left to your own devices rarely works out for anyone but yourselves. Try not to be too revisionist with you history you loveable Yanks.

I would say though, if I were Black in America I would NEVER trust a White person. Ever. I would smile in your face and play nice, but I would watch my back 24/7. Any minority that does otherwise seems to pay an extremely high price for that trust. As an economist, that cost is too high and the reward non-existent.

It is your country though. Whites that is. You can do whatever you will, but it won’t be an easy road for you. Encouraging a return to 18th and 19th century America will prove to be more bloody than you could ever imagine. The expectation that you are going to drag America back to a time where only White males had rights is going to be your undoing. But do as you will.

Enjoy your evening and best of luck to Mr. Paul.
Civil Rights Act

bottom line: In a free society we have a right to be racist.........in our homes and in our businesses....I find no other interpretation possible.........

Cheers!
08-20-2011, 03:09 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Like father like son..................

QuoteQuote:
Kentucky's own Senator Rand Paul was possibly bitten by a zombie. The senator publicly stated he stood behind his father's opinion that portions of 1964 Civil Rights act should not have been enacted. How embarrassing for a state that is already the butt of many jokes that end with punchlines about rednecks, racism and ignorance to again have a national association with discrimination.

When Rachel Maddow questioned Senator Rand Paul on his personal opinion about segregated lunch counters, the senator deflected by discussing 2nd amendment rights for gun owners in privately owned businesses. Guns did not recently celebrate the election of the first gun-American President. Guns have never fought for equal rights as immigrants to this country. Guns do not have a 400 year history of being sold with chattel mortgages attached to their names. Guns cannot give birth, love or demand the right to marry. Guns are not people. Senator Rand Paul's White privilege has turned him into a zombie who cannot process the difference between the right to bear arms and the basic human right to be treated with dignity.
Zombies, race bating, white privilege and Rand Paul [The Arena] | Louisville.com

08-20-2011, 03:13 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Like father like son..................

QuoteQuote:
Kentucky's own Senator Rand Paul was possibly bitten by a zombie. The senator publicly stated he stood behind his father's opinion that portions of 1964 Civil Rights act should not have been enacted. How embarrassing for a state that is already the butt of many jokes that end with punchlines about rednecks, racism and ignorance to again have a national association with discrimination.

When Rachel Maddow questioned Senator Rand Paul on his personal opinion about segregated lunch counters, the senator deflected by discussing 2nd amendment rights for gun owners in privately owned businesses. Guns did not recently celebrate the election of the first gun-American President. Guns have never fought for equal rights as immigrants to this country. Guns do not have a 400 year history of being sold with chattel mortgages attached to their names. Guns cannot give birth, love or demand the right to marry. Guns are not people. Senator Rand Paul's White privilege has turned him into a zombie who cannot process the difference between the right to bear arms and the basic human right to be treated with dignity.

Zombies, race bating, white privilege and Rand Paul [The Arena] | Louisville.com

Again back to Ron:

QuoteQuote:
Civil rights vs. the free market
The 1964 Civil Rights Act helped end racial segregation in the U.S. But if Paul had been in Congress at the time, he would have voted against this landmark piece of legislation. His problem with the law, he recently explained, was its “property rights element,” not the fact that it brought about greater racial equality. In Paul’s strict libertarian ideology, the federal government has no right to tell a private business what it can or cannot do on its own property. So any hairdresser who wants to bar black people from his or her salon should be free to do so. Paul says that this argument doesn’t make him a racist, and he contends that racist businesses would be punished by customers, and by the free market itself. Any business owner that did ban blacks, he said, “would be an idiot and out of business.”
Ron Paul: The outsider - The Week

side note: I cannot find a link between fiat currency and the mortgage bubble... The bubble was pure bank trickery and may have occurred in a gold standard based dollar economy. I'd appreciate anyone explaining the difference to me.......

Interesting comment:
TruthSeeker
August 19, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Permalink | Reply

QuoteQuote:
Everything you said in this post is correct and I agree except the gold standard. If you want a solution for our depreciating savings, fix the roots of the problem and there would be no more money printing:

1. Get rid of private central banks and nationalize the FED—US Treasury only.
2. Get rid of the war machine and the empire.
3. Get rid of all tax cuts for the wealthy.
4. Get rid of corporate monopoly and its interference in our government.
5. Get rid of all elite lobbyists and stop all forms of campaign contributions.
6. Replace MSM by citizen media and if possible amend the constitution to make the latter a forth branch of our government
7. Prosecute all criminal corrupt elements in our government and start investigations in 911 and all financial scams.
8. Reform Wall Street and forbid USURY practice of any scale.
9. Bring back our factories from overseas and start more at home
10. Stop foreign aid and foreign policy spending
11. Stop making enemies around the world by taking sides and establish peaceful trade relations with the rest of the world.
12. Encourage high quality and affordable education and production of alternative energy.

This may look like a lot to do, but it is doable. Do all the above and I guarantee you that there will be no more need for printing money. In fact, if we do all the above, our dollar will appreciate in value and score high relative to world currency. I expect other major currencies to peg their values to our dollar and you will see unprecedented interest in our dollar and our economy.

Gold will only accomplish the second phase of the conspiracy—the inflation-deflation cycle which after it crashes our economy into the deepest depression will drive us further into more money printing! This is what happened during the great depression which turned us against the gold standard. We should NOT repeat the same mistake! I say this and I have nothing against gold in particular or any other form of money. The form is NOT the problem. It is the corrupt system which caters for gangs of elite thugs by all means. End that corruption and you will see that the form of money never was the problem.
http://www.ronpaul.com/on-the-issues/fiat-money-inflation-federal-reserve-2/

Last edited by jeffkrol; 08-20-2011 at 03:24 AM.
08-20-2011, 07:48 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Chwisch87 Quote
Oh here we go again - All of this racist crap WAS NEVER WRITTEN by Ron Paul. It was all in a newsletter that was loosely associated with him. If the idiots at the New Republic (which btw is not worth the paper its printed on.. its so far up its own ass) actually did some research on the matter or GASP ask Ron Paul for a comment on the matter.. but hey you gotta love tabloid journalism. .
Actually the controversy over which articles that went out under his name were or weren't written by him is in fact discussed in the New Republic article. Angry White Man | The New Republic
08-20-2011, 07:59 AM   #37
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Why the denial of the fact that these groups support Mr. Paul?

08-20-2011, 01:04 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Fiat currency allows a central bank to keep interest rates artificially low. When interest rates are not set by the market, there is a tendency to over invest what is in truth toxic assets. We of course solved this issue with new deal banking regulations.. When those went away.. Oops! Lol.

It also, thanks to our unregulated central bank has the power to essentially just print off money at will.

Ron Paul's solution is to allow for multiple currencies that would allow people to chose if they wanted fiat or commodity backed currency. You may disagree with his ideas, but going off on these silly "he's a racist" tangents is just stupid.
08-20-2011, 01:41 PM   #39
Site Supporter

Then we can finally agree that wallstreet banking is toxic!!!!!!!!

Of course that still doesn't change the fact that racist groups support Ron Paul. Nor has he returned their money, as someone in his position should.
If he accepted money from Mexican drug cartels, would you say the same thing?

Ron Paul is a liar and a hypocrite.
08-22-2011, 10:55 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It looks like Dr. Paul has won a straw poll in NH. Ron Paul Wins NH Straw Poll - Hampton-North Hampton, NH Patch

I suppose we will see what these straw polls mean
08-22-2011, 10:57 AM   #41
Site Supporter

Straw houses?
08-22-2011, 05:11 PM   #42
Pentaxian

Fiat currency allows a central bank to keep interest rates artificially low. When interest rates are not set by the market, there is a tendency to over invest what is in truth toxic assets. We of course solved this issue with new deal banking regulations.. When those went away.. Oops! Lol.

It also, thanks to our unregulated central bank has the power to essentially just print off money at will.

Ron Paul's solution is to allow for multiple currencies that would allow people to chose if they wanted fiat or commodity backed currency. You may disagree with his ideas, but going off on these silly "he's a racist" tangents is just stupid.
This whole bit about central banks unregulated is a red herring as there are rules. In addition in Canada we have a central bank, low interest rates and did not have the bank collapse (I do not think a single Canadian bank failed to earn a profit in any quarter during the recession or since). The fact that de regulation which seems to be a libertarian goal and also a conservative one failed due to lack of regulations not due to printing money.

I think it is dishonest of many politicians who ignore the example of their northern neigbour who restrained from deregulation of the banking industry and as a result the only housing and employment drop can be primarily due to the one in our biggest trading partner. It was not a central bank, unions, the poor borrowing money but the fact that banks were allowed to do things that were not in their or the countries best interest.
08-22-2011, 11:31 PM   #43
Veteran Member

The banks failed because the government told them they were going to back the mortgage investments.
08-22-2011, 11:52 PM   #44
Site Supporter

The banks failed because the government told them they were going to back the mortgage investments.
That would be true, but only for Rush Limbaugh and the ditto heads...........
08-23-2011, 04:28 AM   #45
Veteran Member

Riiiiiggggggtttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
Closed Thread