Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-03-2011, 06:38 AM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Chwisch87 Quote
There are two bands in the ultra right music show. You have Ron Paul and people like the free state project. Then you have these moral majority schaeffer-ites who want to murder for being gay and committing adultery. Theses are people like Bachmann. They are truly dangerous ones. Half the tea party are people who want to overthrow the govt and establish some theocracy. This is not Ron Paul though.. It is Bachmann.

Ron Paul may say he is against abortion but at the end of the day he believes it would be an inappropriate use of state power for the federal govt to force one definition on everyone. Ultimate authority on the matter would be left to the states. Ron Paul is likely what I would call a neo-confederationist (our first constitution). At the end of the day I would hardly call him a "friend". Personally I love debating with these objectivist types that romanticize "that whole total freedom thing". Because they don't have a conclusion on what that world looks like either.
Given his stance on abortion and evolution, this description may put more distance between Paul and Bachmann than the record would indicate. By attempting to rationalize opposition to discrimination laws, he is giving another group of Neo-Confederates cover. I grew up in his state, and what he puts forth sounds a lot like the same old "states rights" lipstick on the slavery pig.

09-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #92
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
neo-confederationist
So then, Mr. Paul is the new (unimproved) stars and bars?
The articles of confederation that were rejected by the founders.

You're just saying that Ron Paul still wants to fight the civil war.
I would prefer not to.

Mr. Paul becomes less viable with every thread of truth.
09-03-2011, 12:36 PM   #93
Site Supporter

Just a few more points that say he wants a return of the CSA.
I know, it's a liberal web site. They are just quoting what he says and does though.
If you disagree, feel free to say so.

5 Reasons Progressives Should Treat Ron Paul with Extreme Caution | Common Dreams
09-03-2011, 01:22 PM   #94
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by shooz Quote
So then, Mr. Paul is the new (unimproved) stars and bars?
The articles of confederation that were rejected by the founders.

You're just saying that Ron Paul still wants to fight the civil war.
I would prefer not to.

Mr. Paul becomes less viable with every thread of truth.
I think you and geneV misunderstood me. The Confederate states of America constitution was a nearly word for word copy of the federal one except the clause for slavery. I am talking about the first constitution whic granted states all power and the federal govt nearly nothing.

09-04-2011, 12:19 AM   #95
Site Supporter

In other words an anachronism.
09-04-2011, 07:33 AM   #96
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I think you and geneV misunderstood me. The Confederate states of America constitution was a nearly word for word copy of the federal one except the clause for slavery. I am talking about the first constitution whic granted states all power and the federal govt nearly nothing.
I understood completely. The articles of confederacy really weren't a constitution, BTW--more like an alliance of independent countries.

I was making a play on those words to reference the Confederacy that I think is more near to Dr. Paul's heart.
Closed Thread