Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2007, 08:44 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Xmas'y tip

discovered soemthing new, not new, but new to me, here at the forums. to the bottom left there is a combo box that lets you choose between a few skins for the forums, the default one is the green that I guess most have. I changed it to the red one, althou green is also a color that is associated with xmas, I thought the red gave it a nice, jolly look.
Other than that its a nice change of look and it kind of matches the red pentax letters in the forum logo

11-27-2007, 09:32 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Interesting. I'll give it a try. Of course, you realize you said the "C" word, don't you. Now you've done it. We were told by corporate in no uncertain terms to refrain from greeting anyone with Merry Xmas (Christmas) since it was politically incorrect. We are to simply say, "Season's Greetings." So... to rephrase your post... it's a nice sign of the season or whatever floats your boat at this particular time of the year. Sheesh!

Merry Christmas. lol Thanks for the tip.
11-27-2007, 10:23 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Unbelievalble ........Yet Sooooooooo True

QuoteOriginally posted by JamesD Quote
...We were told by corporate in no uncertain terms to refrain from greeting anyone with Merry Xmas (Christmas) since it was politically incorrect. We are to simply say, "Season's Greetings." .....
That just blows me away - curious did anyone every tell you , or the company you work for in that they took offence to being greeted with a Merry Christmas ? Seasons Greetings ? What if I hate the seasons ? What if in my culture this is the season to be bitter ?

I had heard or read somewhere Wal-Mart abandoned that policy and went back to offending millions by allowing the Merry Xmas greeting again. Pretty sure 99% of reasonably sane people who do not celebrate Christmas would be ok with the salutation. I also realize the vast majority of the world does not celebrate Xmas but in countries that do , we should be allowed to express it.

I wonder in some form of Chinese that 'welcome' sounds like a word that means ...'you gravy sucking pig!" the head nod greeting in some Tibetan dialects suggests ' you mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderly”

Perhaps before greeting anyone, anywhere a card should be handed out with 10 or 20 options as to what would offend them the least for a greeting with a place to write in one if the list is not sufficient.

Rant over sorry for the short hijack - now back to your regularly scheduled topic

Last edited by daacon; 11-27-2007 at 10:34 AM.
11-27-2007, 10:31 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Corporate can kiss my Royal Ass. What am I to say instead of Happy Hanukkah or Nowruz.

Xmas is not just for Christians anymore. Although it is a commercial time of year it also celebrates a time of sharing and giving - something we can at least do ONE DAY IN THE YEAR.

So to h3ll (if it exists) with corporate.