Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-18-2011, 06:02 AM   #16
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Both "mis-steps" by Hillary & Michelle are really indicative of sloppiness by support staff.
you shouldn’t need a support staff and researchers for such basic americana for someone her age. and she wants to tout herself as an honest true american? what about the whole ‘shot heard around the world' to the new hampshire crowd? she is the biggest joke that has ever attempted to run for office of the presidency in this country. she makes sarah palin look intelligent and dignified. her continued ‘blunders’ only prove how fake she is. its one thing if you don’t know, but to consistently prove that you don’t know such basic things in an attempt to not only pass yourself off as better than you are but to smear others, its truly pathetic and only serves to show just how fake she would be in the white house. I’m aware such isn’t new to politics, but she takes it to a whole new level. like that ‘coincidence’ blurb about swine flu breaking out every time a democrat is in the white house. ‘I’m not blaming, just saying’. jesus christ, just do the american people a favor and disappear...

08-18-2011, 06:33 AM   #17
Banned

Original Poster
Read what I said again. I did not say that Hillary chose the song.

Also, I think "Captain Jack" is not the correct song for a campaign announcement, and I know plenty of Democrats who agree with this.

I didn't know Bachman was an Elvis fan... for shame!
WTF, do you not understand that Billy Joel is a New Yorker and they were playing his greatest hits with 20 songs on it. And the Democrats who have a problem with that song are conservatives who are in the wrong party.
QuoteQuote:
They said the selection was an accident -- the intended song was "New York State of Mind" but someone mistakenly left Joel's "Greatest Hits" album on too long.
Amazon.com: Billy Joel Greatest Hits: Vol. 1-2 (2CD): Billy Joel: Music

And how could you compare that with brain dead Bachmann claiming to be a huge Elvis fan and wanting to sing Happy Birthday to Elvis on Aug 16 the day he died ? Bachmann is just another brain dead idiot like the Tea Party Republican base .
08-18-2011, 06:44 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
you shouldn’t need a support staff and researchers for such basic americana for someone her age. and she wants to tout herself as an honest true american? what about the whole ‘shot heard around the world' to the new hampshire crowd? she is the biggest joke that has ever attempted to run for office of the presidency in this country. she makes sarah palin look intelligent and dignified. her continued ‘blunders’ only prove how fake she is. its one thing if you don’t know, but to consistently prove that you don’t know such basic things in an attempt to not only pass yourself off as better than you are but to smear others, its truly pathetic and only serves to show just how fake she would be in the white house. I’m aware such isn’t new to politics, but she takes it to a whole new level. like that ‘coincidence’ blurb about swine flu breaking out every time a democrat is in the white house. ‘I’m not blaming, just saying’. jesus christ, just do the american people a favor and disappear...
All the politicians have their support staff do this stuff... someone from Hillary's staff says to the hotel, hey play "New York State of Mind", but doesn't monitor the situation. I mean, gee wiz, Hillary's announcing her run for US Senate (I think that was the occasion), at least one of her staffers should have been with every A/V tech. That's CYA.

Michelle Bachman can indeed tout herself as a "true" American because, sadly, many Americans lack even cursory knowledge of the history of their own country.
08-18-2011, 06:53 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
WTF, do you not understand that Billy Joel is a New Yorker and they were playing his greatest hits with 20 songs on it. And the Democrats who have a problem with that song are conservatives who are in the wrong party.

Amazon.com: Billy Joel Greatest Hits: Vol. 1-2 (2CD): Billy Joel: Music

And how could you compare that with brain dead Bachmann claiming to be a huge Elvis fan and wanting to sing Happy Birthday to Elvis on Aug 16 the day he died ? Bachmann is just another brain dead idiot like the Tea Party Republican base .
Yes, I know Billy Joel is a NYer and I've been listening to his music for over 30 years. The point is Captain Jack is a horrible song for this occasion. Again, read what I said. You seem to have a difficult time understanding the concept, I don't know why.

I acknowledged in a previous post that Michelle, who claims to be an Elvis fan, not knowing it was the anniversary of his death is indeed shameful. I didn't know she was an Elvis fan.

And stating that one song can determine who is liberal and who is conservative is logic worthy of Michelle Bachman.

Did Ronald Reagan's use of "Born in the USA" as a campaing song make him a liberal?

08-18-2011, 06:56 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I can understand Michelle's mistake about Elvis. After all, cradles and coffins are so similar...
08-18-2011, 07:08 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Perhaps she was slyly imparting a spiritual/philosophical lesson: the day you are born makes your death certain; the day you die means you were once born.
08-18-2011, 07:23 AM   #22
Banned

Original Poster
Yes, I know Billy Joel is a NYer and I've been listening to his music for over 30 years. The point is Captain Jack is a horrible song for this occasion. Again, read what I said. You seem to have a difficult time understanding the concept, I don't know why.

I acknowledged in a previous post that Michelle, who claims to be an Elvis fan, not knowing it was the anniversary of his death is indeed shameful. I didn't know she was an Elvis fan.

And stating that one song can determine who is liberal and who is conservative is logic worthy of Michelle Bachman.

Did Ronald Reagan's use of "Born in the USA" as a campaing song make him a liberal?
Reagan was a senile idiot to not know what Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA" was about. I bet you more conservatives hate Captain Jack than liberals.

08-18-2011, 07:24 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Michelle Bachman can indeed tout herself as a "true" American because, sadly, many Americans lack even cursory knowledge of the history of their own country.
.... And what finer way to change that situation than by "Leading Change from the Top Down!"...
Oh - Never mind... Aspiration of the lowest common denominator is now "Presidential" in appearance I guess... Hail to the Chief!
08-18-2011, 09:53 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

John Wayne has never lived in Waterloo, IA. John Wayne Gacy, the serial killer, has.
Oh, come on, you have to give Michelle a break on this. One was The Duke, the other was The Killer Clown. Practically the same thing and it's easy to confuse the two.
08-18-2011, 09:56 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Perhaps she was slyly imparting a spiritual/philosophical lesson: the day you are born makes your death certain; the day you die means you were once born.
I just can't bring myself to credit her with that amount of subtlety.

Reagan was a senile idiot to not know what Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA" was about. I bet you more conservatives hate Captain Jack than liberals.
I bet you more conservatives hate any pop music of the last 50 years than liberals.
Closed Thread