Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2011, 08:51 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
need help with CBA

Help
would anyone be interested in talking some sense into me. My CBA has kicked in. I have a perfectly working *ist DL, that I love using,along with a couple slr's. I am finding that I am wanting a newer camera with more features. SR would be a big plus as I am not getting younger. I have been looking at Kx 's and Kr's. I am leaning towards a Kx. When does CBA go away. The wife thinks I already have enough cameras.

08-16-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
Veteran Member

K-x is a stunningly good camera and good value camera. Buy it, sell your old camera, no nett increase in camera bodies
08-16-2011, 09:18 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
When does CBA go away. The wife thinks I already have enough cameras.
How many is/are enough? I only have about 40. And I'm not even a collector!

Ah, digital upgrading... My approach: get what I think will satisfy me longest. The Kr is a generation newer than the Kx. For myself, I'd be less likely to want an 'upgrade' anytime soon if I had the newer camera. Buying the older one would leave a nagging want in me, a feeling of, What am I missing out? But that's me. Your mileage may vary.
08-17-2011, 12:33 AM   #4
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
Help
would anyone be interested in talking some sense into me. My CBA has kicked in. I have a perfectly working *ist DL, that I love using,along with a couple slr's. I am finding that I am wanting a newer camera with more features. SR would be a big plus as I am not getting younger. I have been looking at Kx 's and Kr's. I am leaning towards a Kx. When does CBA go away. The wife thinks I already have enough cameras.
It doesn't.. Sell some of them to pay for the new toys. Works for me but I don't have a wife (or kids...... that I know of).

08-17-2011, 12:46 AM   #5
Veteran Member

If you can afford it then the Kr - no question. How much is the ist going to fetch ? If it's not a lot then I'd keep that one too - there are one or two advantages to that camera (though I can't think what they are at the moment)

We're not helping are we ?
08-17-2011, 03:35 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
2 camera advantages, macro and tele is wildlife areas, wide and normal options for street, wide and macro for places like botanical gardens, which might give cause for 3 cameras as a long tele comes in useful for the bird life.
Hope that helped as CBA cure therapy.
08-17-2011, 07:04 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by xjjohnno Quote
2 camera advantages, macro and tele is wildlife areas, wide and normal options for street, wide and macro for places like botanical gardens, which might give cause for 3 cameras as a long tele comes in useful for the bird life. Hope that helped as CBA cure therapy.
I primarily shoot street and nature. The DL will stay with me for a while as a backup. The Dl only fetching around $200.00 ,not worth selling It's sort of like my K1000. Great learning tools and my first in each group {film, digital}.

QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
We're not helping are we ?
No . making it worse . Now instead of seriously considering ,now I have to get an upgrade.

How many is/are enough? I only have about 40. And I'm not even a collector!

Depend on who you ask. (Me) I only have 3 bodies and six lenses.not enough. (Her) I can only use one at a time. sees no reason to have more than one. Absolutely no interest in photography.

08-17-2011, 09:00 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Personally, I always take 2 bodies with me on a serious shoot. One with the Sigma 10-20, the other with a 28-300. For wildlife I sub the Bigma for the 10-20.
Also, it's good to have 2 dslr's just in case one goes bad. Remember
Flannagan's law.
08-17-2011, 09:17 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Oh just remembered one of the advantages of the ist over more modern cameras ... it has TTL flash, whereas none of the later models can do that (having P-TTL) - a big advantage if using older lenses. Keep it and add the Kr !
08-17-2011, 09:28 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
You want help for CBA? Well you see, there's this great deal on a camera . . .