Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2007, 08:03 PM   #1

Holiday Freebie Thread

Hi all,
In the spirit of the Holidays I wanted to start a thread for giveaways between the pentax forum members. I am starting it out with a few items, I only ask for shipping cost if you would like the item. I hope a few other will search their closets and put up a few items. I am back with my family for a few weeks from Iraq and will ship the stuff out before I leave to go back on the 15th of Dec. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

First "I want it" in a PM gets it. I will ship out USPS Parcel Post for a few bucks.

Tamrac Zoom 19 Holster Bag, very nice condition, will hold a camera with grip and 70-200 2.8 or so lens and a few mem cards and batteries.
$5 shipping in the US **went to S!ilver**

Quantaray 55mm Y2 filter in case, nice condition
$2 shipping in the US **Went to Cutterpup**

Cokin 67mm C-POL in case, nice condtion
$2 shipping in the US **went to Sayhaynyc**

Belkin Card reader for Ipod, allows one to tranfer photos from a CF or SD card to their Ipod. I used it with a 20GB pre-video "click wheel" Ipod but may work with any Ipod as long as it has the photo transfer ability in the menu.
$5 shipping in the US ** Went to Leadbelly**

Send me a PM first to verify you were the first to ask for the item please. My paypal is below for the shipping costs. Merry Christmas.

Paypal ID: colinmpritchett@gmail.com

Colin

Last edited by photobizzz; 12-06-2007 at 09:32 AM. Reason: removed items not requested
11-28-2007, 07:20 AM   #2

Nice. I did this last year on a different forum except I actually put a price down and a link to an American Cancer Society fund raiser and to get the item free you had to donate that much money to the fund raiser. It allowed the person to do the donation themselves on line and get credit for the possible tax deduction, and it allowed them to get an item shipped free to them. Win, Win.

I on the other hand footed the shipping, and got the good feeling out of helping to raise money for the event.

Unfortunately, I don't have any items left this year to offer up to the freebie thread, but applaud the idea.

Cheers and Goodwill.

Greg
11-28-2007, 08:31 AM   #3
Veteran Member

What a terrific gesture - the both of you.
11-28-2007, 09:21 AM   #4

Original Poster
That is a good idea, I hadnt thought of that. I will have to remember that for next year. My wife generally does the charity stuff throughout the year so I dont interfere as I dont want to encroach on her fun. I have another item I am going to post for free up in the original email for someone that has an Ipod.

11-28-2007, 04:05 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Thank you

I can use the circular polarizer and this is nice for me, a fun early Christmas present. Tis a great idea for finding a home for unused gear.

I greatly appreciate it and hope you arrive in good spirits in Iraq and arrive home safely and in even better spirits. Merry Christmas to you.

Sayheynyc
11-28-2007, 04:22 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
got this idea from Fred Miranda? just wondernig haha. I got a bunch of free film of there!
11-28-2007, 06:18 PM   #7

I am having a look around for some stuff.

Here is a starter though.

Pentax manuals. 1 - 2 or 3 just tell me what one you want or if you need all three together.

they will he awarded in order of reply in the thread.

11-29-2007, 07:00 AM   #8

Original Poster
I actually am a member of rangefinder forum as well and that is where I first saw this kind of thing
11-29-2007, 07:21 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I have been thinking about starting on of these, but only had one Pentax item left:

~50mm Extension Tube
-Fully Manual, No Aperture Control
(Gutted 2x Teleconveter)
First PM gets it!
11-29-2007, 08:44 AM   #10

I'll jump in and offer an old, but fully functional Vivitar Auto 2600 Flash.
This is a hot shoe flash with just one "pin", and works great on all the old film bodies (Pentax or not...)
Runs on 4 AA's.
First pm gets it. It's pretty light, so $3 bucks for shipping should cover it and a box...
11-29-2007, 09:27 AM   #11
Inactive Account

pm sent regarding extension tubes.
12-06-2007, 02:01 PM   #12
Pentaxian

**********Both items went to kaelyn84***********

I'll jump in on this, 2 lens not used any more, old but usable :

Sigma PKA mount, 70-210mm, f4.0/5.6, MC, got some dust, little fog $6 for shipping

Gemini PK mount, 28-80mm, f3.5,4.5, MC Macro Zoom, Little dust $6 for shipping

Both come with front lens cap, no rear. Both function

Private message if interested.

Last edited by thazooo; 12-10-2007 at 03:15 PM.
12-07-2007, 05:30 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thazooo Quote
I'll jump in on this, 2 lens not used any more, old but usable :

Sigma PKA mount, 70-210mm, f4.0/5.6, MC, got some dust, little fog $6 for shipping

Gemini PK mount, 28-80mm, f3.5,4.5, MC Macro Zoom, Little dust $6 for shipping

Both come with front lens cap, no rear. Both function

Private message if interested.

Sorry to go off-topic for a moment, but I noticed that you are from Mississippi. I am further guessing that based on your photos, that you are in the Biloxi area. I grew up in Hattiesburg, and just wanted to say hi to a fellow Mississippian.
12-07-2007, 06:43 AM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Sorry to go off-topic for a moment, but I noticed that you are from Mississippi. I am further guessing that based on your photos, that you are in the Biloxi area. I grew up in Hattiesburg, and just wanted to say hi to a fellow Mississippian.
Hi back, PM sent.
12-17-2007, 09:02 PM   #15
Veteran Member

A bump with something new (to me)

I just bought a Micador ND4x filter with 46mm threads.
Being a little dyslexic I thought it said 49mm, and don't have any 46mm threaded lenses

Anyways I'll mail this filter to the first person from Canada, or the US, just in general post for the cost of 5 items donated to your local food bank.
This is of course on the honor system

I've never heard of Micador Filters before, but it looks like a nice filter and I don't see any scratches.
There is some dust on it, but I'm sure that you can easily blow it off

Sorry to the rest of the world, I just don't care to deal with exporting a gift. The last time that I did it was a royal pain.