Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2011, 12:31 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
I expect to see people demanding living wages and be happier because they don't have to put up with the BS of working AND jump through hoops to get and maintain government benefits.
You know, those are called unions right?

08-29-2011, 12:42 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Chwisch87 Quote
Still wondering how he might face up to an actual poor person... If he's done complaining about his deductions.

Cause he deducts more on passing off his *daughter* in a month than I have to live on *now,* never mind what I live on *now,* never mind what I could bring to bear for *my* little one.* Before I lost her to the homophobia of the time.

(Personally, I'm thinking it's not a character flaw or anything 'crazy' to be angry on this point.)

And I tell you this, Mikemike, you use *your* daughter to complain about your deductible day-care. So you can say what, poor people dont' need food stamps? Even if clearly more and more people *do?* Your day care and commute costs more than I ever saw before you even *talk* food, housing, and hear. (plus mileage) ... But I would give *anything* if I could just go back near twenty years and keep a promise to *mine.*

I don't mind saying, and I think anyone here would affirm, this is something that upsets me greatly.

But for all your claims that this ruthless capitalism somehow serves 'family values,' I call *bullshit.*

Cause of *my* family. And of all things to be traumatized about, *that* I'm not ashamed of.

Mr. Diagnoser.

AKA *you *stupid, soulless SOB.* *koff.*

If you wanted a diagnosis, you could have *paid* someone to tell me what PTSD was the first time I got 'corrective rape.' Going on twenty five years ago,
Big guy.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 08-29-2011 at 01:42 PM.
08-29-2011, 01:27 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Still wondering how he might face up to an actual poor person... If he's done complaining about his deductions.

Cause he deducts more on passing off his *daughter* in a month than I have to live on *now,* never mind what I live on *now,* never mind what I could bring to bear for *my* little one.* Before I lost her to the homophobia of the time.

(Personally, I'm thinking it's not a character flaw or anything 'crazy' to be angry on this point.)

And I tell you this, Mikemike, you use *your* daughter to complain about your deductible day-care. But I would give *anything* if I could just go back near twenty years and keep a promise to *mine.*
I don't know where you got that I had any complaint in my tone. There is a tax deduction for daycare (I'm not sure how much it is because my wife does our taxes) but that doesn't drive our decision on where to send our daughter. And I am not "passing her off" daycare provides an environment for socialization and education beyond what my wife and I are capable of providing as individual parents and without the background in early childhood development and no prior experience with care giving that her teachers have.

QuoteOriginally posted by Chwisch87 Quote
Hundreds of millions of americans manage to do this without unions.
08-29-2011, 01:49 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't know where you got that I had any complaint in my tone. There is a tax deduction for daycare (I'm not sure how much it is because my wife does our taxes) but that doesn't drive our decision on where to send our daughter. And I am not "passing her off" daycare provides an environment for socialization and education beyond what my wife and I are capable of providing as individual parents and without the background in early childhood development and no prior experience with care giving that her teachers have.

Are you somehow not cognizant of the fact that you're taking *tax deductions* on more money than 'welfare bums' see in a month, never mind driving them to daycare and deducting the mileage?

QuoteQuote:
And fewer and prouder so every day. Your point about what you're shoveling, rich guy?

That is, if you're done accusing me of being 'bipolar' or 'on drugs,' or the rest you say to try and claim you're poor enough for food stamps or something. If I *were* bipolar, it'd actually take a lot more dopamine than my system is currently capable of producing to have a proper mania, anyway. I take a raft of precursor chemicals and vitamins that cost about thirty bucks a month if I don't short myself on them *before* any prescribed steroids and hormones I can squeeze in. )

Frankly, though, a lot of good people *are* bipolar and/or on drugs. Me, as I always said, 'I don't do drugs, I'm ****ed-up on life!'

Seriously, though, dude, if you wanted to cut the budget, end pot prohibition, it's expensive three times over when it could be a revenue source, and the simple fact is, it works better than what Big Pharma's pushing. Never mind jailing people for it and making meth so much cheaper. I don' t personally enjoy being stoned, but it would apparently work a lot better than pharma poison and pharrma painkillers.

People do hurt, you know. Most of em don't spend their time saying so on camera forums, but it's so. (I wouldn't be talking at you *now* if my hips agreed, actually, ..and I'd be *boned* if good money hadn't gone to the purpose of paying two rents rather than hiring movers or dumpers to take me nowhere. Fact is, I have a lot of miles on the undercarriage and an autoimmune condition and it *hurts.* I don't even get to bellyache about the heartbreak of separation till at least next week.)

And if you didn't miss the point: 'The poor' are human beings. Like me. Even if they are what you accuse like that makes it better to hurt them.

I didn't get out of the underclass, but for the time being I may have a chance to sell something. And I don't mind saying that without some significant emergency help from people who could surely have used that money elsewhere, I'd be turning up in Buffalo lucky to walk with something to remember my life by on my back about now.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 08-29-2011 at 02:24 PM.
08-29-2011, 02:28 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Hundreds of millions ehh? even though the data shows that the "middle" class has not had a pay raise in 30 years?

Maybe a few million in the super rich class ;-)
Closed Thread