Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-26-2011, 09:33 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
You do realize that befriending the Bikers will solve two problems for you?
Exactly

Their influence will actually probably reduce this kind of stuff as i said in my post

there are lots of reasons to not like Bike Gangs, but having them as neighbours has some advantages occasionally

unless of course you are in Montreal in the middle of their turf wars

08-26-2011, 11:44 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
You do realize that befriending the Bikers will solve two problems for you?
You know, I never used to find that so hard, actually. I suppose my former wardrobe and being younger helped.

I recently figured out that 'That guy on the drag bike' (I don't know what you call em, Japanese bikes with these long rear forks) I've been waving to on the road a few years is actually like a whole *team.* With uniforms. I figured this out when I saw a bunch riding *together,* silly me. Don't know who they are, street racers, maybe.

I dunno, though, even if they're doing some crime, there are some advantages to it being *organized.* Kinda like in the North End, once upon a time, you wouldn't get your hubcaps boosted, at least.
08-26-2011, 01:28 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Reminds me of a great Canadian vigilante story from a small town I lived in (approaching 20 years ago). Guy (who happens to to own a helicopter survey company) catches the kids who stole his ATV and, not trusting the justice system for results, he ties them up and blindfolds them. He and a buddy then take them for a wild ride in his helicopter and, Vietnam style, open the door while hovering near the ground and kick them out. Not surprisingly the local RCMP were not impressed and the theft victim was charged with something fairly serious. Unfortunately I'm having trouble digging up the original newspaper articles for more details.

Most of the reported crime from the area I'm in now comes from kids breaking into cars and stealing anything loose inside. In the bigger picture there doesn't seem to be much of anything that a Canadian can do legally to stop a crime in progress. Both of my grandparents homes have been burglarized (one of them repeatedly) and the police weren't particularly helpful after the fact either (no followups and no arrests despite lots of physical evidence).
08-26-2011, 04:45 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Unfortunately children have to learn social graces at home something that's either degrading or non-existent these days with many households.
I spoke to the bikers if any of their property has been vandalized lately, they said no but they saw the little shits the other day when i chased them so they'll talk to them if they see them again. I thanked them lol

08-28-2011, 09:47 AM   #20
Veteran Member

If they speak to them I think your problems will end, but you never know a lot of kids run pretty wild now days and respect nothing (until they are taught to respect of course)
08-31-2011, 04:13 AM   #21
Veteran Member

I like the idea of the motion detection sprinkler... LOL and preload the hose with bright pink dye.

Mike
08-31-2011, 04:57 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hopefully this has ended, they came back and i chased them into the restaurant owned by the bikers, turns out they're biker kids. I told them next time i'm calling the cops, the waitress biker girlfriend (i think) said the next day she spoke to their father and there won't be anymore problems with them, this was a few days back and so far no sight of them. I am however now going to install surveillance cameras around my property any problems and the video goes to the cops.

Last edited by Clicker; 08-31-2011 at 05:34 AM.
08-31-2011, 05:28 AM   #23
Veteran Member

I'd give it a little time before spending the money on the cameras. Biker dads are pretty tough on their kids when they are causing trouble close to home...
08-31-2011, 05:44 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
I'd give it a little time before spending the money on the cameras. Biker dads are pretty tough on their kids when they are causing trouble close to home...
Just what I was thinking. Cameras may well turn out to be money wasted (at least the security type)
08-31-2011, 06:11 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
It's going up not because of the kids, it was the final push but this neighbourhood has gone from middle clash to low income and there seems to be a revolving population of unsavoury characters hanging around lately. The cameras i'm looking for will not be seen ...only by those who see them being installed I'm now doing research on them and local installers.
08-31-2011, 06:19 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
It's going up not because of the kids, it was the final push but this neighbourhood has gone from middle clash to low income and there seems to be a revolving population of unsavoury characters hanging around lately. The cameras i'm looking for will not be seen ...only by those who see them being installed I'm now doing research on them and local installers.
That I can understand, not sure where you are in Scarborough, but I can't think of many areas out there I'd want to move into myself. Happy downtown despite my teeny lot
My area has gone the opposite direction to yours in the 23 years i've lived there
08-31-2011, 06:22 AM   #27
Pentaxian

First is file a complaint with the cops, then notify the parents about the kids activities.
08-31-2011, 06:33 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
That I can understand, not sure where you are in Scarborough, but I can't think of many areas out there I'd want to move into myself. Happy downtown despite my teeny lot
My area has gone the opposite direction to yours in the 23 years i've lived there

Eddie i'm down around the Birchmount and Danforth Rd area...now you know what i'm dealing with

It's funny my local councillor and her MP husband live just up the road and are powerless "yay politics" lol

I'm not asking for good neighbours, i'm not asking for safe neighbourhood, i'm not asking for prestige...all i want is people to control their dam kids
08-31-2011, 06:35 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
First is file a complaint with the cops, then notify the parents about the kids activities.
Parents know, cops i'm calling as a last resort, they won't bother taking a complaint of "bad" kids until something "serious" actually happens
I've already made up my mind to just call the cops next incident.
08-31-2011, 06:44 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Perfectly, not an area I'd want to be in any more, but it is not the worst in Scarberia by any means.
I lived near regents park for a long time when it was pretty bad and still walk through Dundas and sherbourne in the middle of the night with my camera gear. I think we are truly blessed when these are the worst our cities have. I've spent time in some truly bad areas in NYC in the 80's (lower alphabet city where cars burning on the street were not a startling site) and by comparison our crime ridden areas are pretty tame. Thank god for Gun controls
Sounds like the kids will leave you alone though. Biker dads are not guys you want to go against.
I'm in what is now termed leslieville by the real estate agents. when i moved in we had condemned houses, crack dens and a biker house as mentioned before. lot's of welfare housing and rooming houses as well. Completely gentrified now, which has it's good and bad points (Artists are slowly being forced out thanks to this, only one good live work warehouse left)