Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2007, 07:05 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Henry's

According to a 1/3 page ad in today's The Windsor Star, Henry's is opening a branch here - TOMORROW.

Finally

11-30-2007, 07:52 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
According to a 1/3 page ad in today's The Windsor Star, Henry's is opening a branch here - TOMORROW.

Finally
Eeeeeh, who or what is Henry's?

- Bert
11-30-2007, 07:53 AM   #3
Veteran Member

It's an evil place.... (Camera chain in Canada) I find myself feeling 'lighter' most every time I leave.... Especially in the wallet regions.

I've been happy with the service & selection at our local Henry's.
11-30-2007, 01:37 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
It's an evil place
That's funny. Other than when I lives in Vancouver for a year, Henry's was the only place I bought my equipment. The original Church street store - memories.

The Windsor location is in the same Plaza (not Mall) as FutureShop (FS) BUT across the street from Windsor's LARGEST Mall. I am so looking forward to tomorrow.

BTW - FS is advertising their K100D for $599.99 today - and they expect buyers!!!

11-30-2007, 01:52 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by davek Quote
It's an evil place.... (Camera chain in Canada) I find myself feeling 'lighter' most every time I leave.... Especially in the wallet regions.

I've been happy with the service & selection at our local Henry's.
Definately evil....though I usually leave a bit more weighed down (cards are light...the 16-50 isn't )

I generally like the fact I can whip over to cambridge and try something out before I buy it. It's pretty much the only place around here that carries anything beyond the 18-55, 16-45 and 55-200 in terms of Pentax lens selection.
11-30-2007, 02:48 PM   #6
Inactive Account

It would be real nice if they could open a store closer to the North.
11-30-2007, 04:59 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Chako Quote
It would be real nice if they could open a store closer to the North.
Give it time and they will. Windsor has waited a long time for this. The other 2 camera stores might as well say bye bye as far as I'm concerned.

Henry's has done extremely well in their expansion plans. Why not write to them and ask.

12-01-2007, 09:13 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Update

Just got back from the opening. According to them it is not the Official opening but I was the second into the store.

Prices are a little over-priced and there was no REAL bargain section. The used cabinet ONLY included a K1000 body and a 28mm lense - can't remember the price.

They DID have a Pentax section however. Also, when asked they said that the Pentax rep should be coming around next week.

Also told they will be doing 3 flyers before Xmas.

It was staffed with staff from other stores but there was 2 employees that jumped ship from Black's (a huge P&S chain in Canada) across the street at the largest and busiest local Mall.

Hopefully they will improve on the bargain and used sections, otherwise, for me it will have been a dudd. No matter what though, other stores WILL suffer as a result of opening of the local Henry's.
12-01-2007, 09:51 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I wouldn't worry too much about the used selection. Over the next few months, people will come in with used gear and that'll increase the selection.

Henry's is a bit over-priced, but when I was looking at the DA* 50-135 this week, it was listed at $1049 with a 'save $50.00'. This means Pentax has dropped their price on the lens by $200.00 as it was listed at $1299.00 two weeks ago. This makes buying that lens in Canada more tempting - that and the fact I can try before I buy means henry's will probably get my business for this lens when the time comes.