Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2011, 07:03 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Darth Cheney thread ;)

QuoteQuote:
Cheney doesn't seem to take offense. In an interview and his just-published memoir, In My Time, he is the quintessential Cheney: combative, unapologetic, dismissive of his critics and suspicious of reporters.

Asked what he'd like his epitaph to read, he considers for a moment and then declares: "No comment."

He wants his epitaph to read, "No comment"?
Can you here the "whooshing/breathing' noises?

Still packing a punch, Dick Cheney tells his story ? USATODAY.com
QuoteQuote:

He has long dismissed the notion he was a dark force calling the shots in the Bush administration, but nonetheless describes himself in his memoir as playing an unprecedented decision-shaping role on foreign affairs, military strategy, energy policy and other chosen issues. "A unique arrangement in our history," he acknowledges — but the way Bush wanted it, he is quick to add.

08-31-2011, 09:05 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
He is who he is and you really can't fault him for that. People in leadership need to be pretty sure of themselves. You always know where you stand with that guy and I respect that. I don't agree with his policies but he certainly isn't a wishy washy BS artist who changes is mind based on the results of every poll he reads. That's a rare thing in modern politics.
08-31-2011, 10:17 AM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
He is who he is and you really can't fault him for that. People in leadership need to be pretty sure of themselves. You always know where you stand with that guy and I respect that. I don't agree with his policies but he certainly isn't a wishy washy BS artist who changes is mind based on the results of every poll he reads. That's a rare thing in modern politics.
He also donated a Colt .45 to the Cody museum in Cody WY :-).

08-31-2011, 10:40 AM   #4
Site Supporter

He'll still stay the heck out of Vermont.

08-31-2011, 10:44 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
Like Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot the list goes on.................... sorry most real leaders for real people have to be a bit flexible.....
08-31-2011, 10:47 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Hush now, you know totalitarianism is a bad word, when applied to republicans.
08-31-2011, 11:18 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Funny

QuoteQuote:
And the part about other countries acting, if they US doesn’t? For that to have any actual consequence, it would have to involve snatching Dick Cheney off the streets and spiriting him away to, say, the International Criminal Court in the Hague. That’s almost certainly not going to happen.

The US would protest strenuously – and probably take some kind of action in retaliation – if one of its citizens was subjected to international courts without Washington’s approval. It is not a member of the ICC, after all, and that’s a big reason why.

Cheney, for his part, has been joking about his status as the Bush official the left most loves to hate.

On “Today” earlier this week, interviewer Matt Lauer noted that Cheney has been called many things, including the most divisive US political figure of the century.

“You left out Darth Vader,” Cheney replied.
Might Dick Cheney really be tried for war crimes? - CSMonitor.com

09-01-2011, 06:34 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
More stubbornness and hypocrisy......

QuoteQuote:
"I had continued throughout my career to be philosophically opposed to bailing out specific companies or industries," he writes, noting that he had also been among the congressional minority who opposed a federal loan guarantee for Chrysler in 1979.
Selective memory

It's probably just slipped Cheney's mind that he enthusiastically supported billions of dollars in tax breaks and subsidies for the oil industry during Bush's first term, and that he concluded that Bush had no choice but to accede to a 12-figure bailout for the financial industry. And I'm certain he regards the no-bid contracts the Bush Defense Department handed out like party favors as a wartime expedient, not a leg up for friends who had helped bankroll Bush's two presidential campaigns.

Other critics of federal aid to the automakers might have second-guessed their opposition in the wake of GM and Chrysler's robust rebounds. But Cheney is the same man who has convinced himself the invasion of Iraq enhanced his country's reputation abroad. The fact that a few hundred thousand fewer Michiganders are unemployed today hasn't convinced him that keeping the automakers on life support might have been a good idea after all.

Cheney believes any reality-based revision of his views would be an admission of weakness, and like the predators he used to hunt, he regards any such admission as a potentially fatal mistake. When you live in the lawless jungle of Cheney's imagination, the prudent thing is to stick to your guns. The last thing you want is for people to think that something as flimsy as facts can make you think twice.
Brian Dickerson: If Dick Cheney had prevailed, GM would be toast | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
09-02-2011, 09:05 AM   #9
Site Supporter

Evil is as evil does.
Attached Images

09-02-2011, 11:07 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
More humor

New Cheney Memoir Reveals He's Going To Live Full, Satisfied Life Without Ever Feeling Remorse And There's Nothing We Can Do About It

QuoteQuote:
NEW YORK—The publication this week of Dick Cheney’s memoir, In My Time, has revealed the former vice president enjoys a fulfilling life unaffected by any sense of guilt or regret and there’s absolutely nothing any of us can do about it. “This unique look at an otherwise intensely private man’s inner thoughts shows us he couldn’t be prouder of his life’s work and will never feel one single moment of anguish over his actions no matter how desperately we want him to,” book critic James L. Warner writes of the 576-page memoir’s disclosure that Cheney would spend his retirement never second-guessing his advocacy of a disastrous war, the torture of detainees, illegal wiretapping, or tax cuts that created devastating budget deficits and crippled the U.S. economy. “Nothing we do will ever change the fact that this man sleeps very soundly at night and, in fact, looks back fondly upon a long, rewarding career. You almost have to admire that.” The book also reveals that none of the former vice president’s five heart attacks has caused him even the slightest amount of pain.
sort of...............
New Cheney Memoir Reveals He's Going To Live Full, Satisfied Life Without Ever Feeling Remorse And There's Nothing We Can Do About It | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
09-02-2011, 04:23 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
New Cheney Memoir Reveals He's Going To Live Full, Satisfied Life Without Ever Feeling Remorse And There's Nothing We Can Do About It

sort of...............
New Cheney Memoir Reveals He's Going To Live Full, Satisfied Life Without Ever Feeling Remorse And There's Nothing We Can Do About It | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
Isn't that sort of the definition of a sociopath?
09-02-2011, 05:00 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Isn't that sort of the definition of a sociopath?
I was thinking the same thing. From the DSM IV diagnosis criteria for the antisocial personality disorder: "lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another;"