Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-06-2011, 01:07 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ebay returns

When buying on eBay it's only a matter of time when the item received will not be as described. Some time ago I received a flash that is not fully functional (Metz 45 CT3 that regardless of mode always fires on full). As paypal dispute deadline was near and seller still hasn't answered me I started a dispute. Seller escalated it to claim and now I must send the flash back at my expense.
However before I get the refund I must provide "online proof of delivery" and if I fail to do so in ten days (now only seven left) the case is closed. Does that mean that the flash has to be delivered in ten days?!

P.S.
The "Buyer protection" seem more like seller protection in this case as he gets his stuff back and I'm left empty handed paying money for shipping

09-06-2011, 01:29 AM   #2

Hi Mattjazz,

I believe what they mean is that you should prove that the item has been sent back by post, if possible with some tracking ID so they can check whether the parcel has actually been registered in the local post system.
In France we get a ticket or receipt for any "trackable" parcel.
Once you get the receipt, just send them the tracking number so they can follow it themselves. I do not think you need to scan and send a copy, but you could do it to be on the safe side.

Francois