Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-08-2011, 07:43 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
High heat no ice

Global Warming is obviously just a myth.

NOAA: U.S. experiences second warmest summer on record

Daily Kos: eSci: Record Low Arctic Sea Ice Volume & Area Hit, Methane Found in Ice Free Area

09-08-2011, 08:01 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah because Europe experienced one of the rainiest summers this year

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-08-2011, 08:32 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Actually, I've been saying something like that for years. One day maybe I'll take the time to research it. But it really seems that the climate is just shifting east. Hell, we had record setting rainfall here before Hurricane Irene blew into town, and it's still freaking raining.
09-09-2011, 01:23 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

... and the warmest was in 1936, so it's obviously been cooling since then.

Richard.

09-09-2011, 08:24 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I find that up here in western Canada, the UV index is very high.. usually by this time of year it's getting to be time for long sleeved shirts outside of noon to 4pm. But this I was in shorts and a light button up shirt outside until 8pm when the sun finally went down. I think just the measurements of the ice caps receding and being lost should have been enough for people to remove heads from their butts.. but unfortunately money drives the world... right into its end at this rate. You would think that places like New Orleans and the Netherlands and other places that are right at, or below sea level would be pushing more for the studies and trying to get people's attention to whats going on... because it's those places that will be effected first. I think that the general trend is warming, but we get more violent swings between the seasons now.. snowier winters and hotter summers.. flooding from the fast hike in late spring heat is going to be more common in places that never used to flood.. I guess just grab your SPF 200 and water wings and keep on keepin' on...
09-09-2011, 10:02 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Anything I say about deniers would be political, so I won't say it.

09-09-2011, 04:41 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

What we are seeing though, seems to be more violent weather happening more often. A warming atmosphere has more energy in it, and so when it dissipates, it does it with more force.
You people on the east coast of the USA are getting hints of it, wait a few years and see what a hurricane feels like.
09-09-2011, 04:49 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Despite the cold winter last year, large amounts of polar ice are still melting along with fears of rising sea levels. There is enough statistical evidence that the earth is gradually warming. The big political issue is whether this is man made or happening naturally. Personally, I think this is happening as part of a natural cycle which we have no control over and had better plan for dealing with the eventual consequences instead of building false hope in electric cars. Liberals think we can stop it, conservatives don't believe it's happening. Both have their heads in the sand, just different holes.
09-10-2011, 10:10 PM - 1 Like   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Anything I say about deniers would be political, so I won't say it.
I predict that there will come a day when the meaning of "global warming denier" does a 180 degree turn and comes to mean people who fervently deny they ever bought into the fraud to begin with.
09-12-2011, 04:10 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote

And here in the South-both Southeast and Southwest-we have been in severe to extreme drought for the last 3 years. Not to mention having one of the coldest winters on record last year.
09-29-2011, 07:41 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Daily Kos: eSci: Half of Canada's Ice Sheets Lost in the Past 6 Years
09-30-2011, 01:23 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
1934 actually.
No. 1936. The OP referred to the second warmest summer in the US, not the hottest year on record. If you follow the link, you'll find this in the text "The warmest August on record for the contiguous United States was 75.8 degrees F in 1983, while its warmest summer on record at 74.6 degrees F occurred in 1936."

In any case, it's just weather. And linking to a whole bunch of pages from a very dodgy website doesn't prove anything. Some thing we do know:

The climate is changing. It's been changing for millions, if not billions, of years.
We've been coming out of a mini ice age for a couple of hundred years, so there's a general trend towards increased temps. It's gone up by around .8C in the last 150 years.
The climate has cooled a bit since 1997. That's nothing unusual.
Computer models are not empirical evidence.
Science is never settled.

Richard.
09-30-2011, 01:34 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
I predict that there will come a day when the meaning of "global warming denier" does a 180 degree turn and comes to mean people who fervently deny they ever bought into the fraud to begin with.
They are already in denial

In their world it's proof of global warming if today is warmer than yesterday. To suggest that it's cooler today than yesterday should therefore be proof that the climate is cooling is usually met with abuse.

If you look back at the history of the use of "denier" in the climate 'science' scam, you'll find that it was deliberately used to try to link scientists sceptical of the apocalyptic claims of the alarmists to holaucaust deniers. It was and is a deliberate smear and a vile libel.

Richard.