Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
I have gone 160mph on my ZX11 Kawaski that has a top speed of 188mph @11,500rpm in 6th gear but have never been caught speeding yet. Here is a Pentax K-7 video test clip on a country road getting up to 100mph in 3rd gear in a 45mph zone.
I think your blinker was on.

09-28-2011, 06:20 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

One ticket in my life. It cost me $38.00 back in 1978.

Larry
09-28-2011, 07:09 PM   #18
Site Supporter

No tickets, but one warning. Caught doing 78 in a 55 coming home from work late one night. Luckily for me, I guess, as I told the sheriff I was watching the road for moose and not watching the speedometer.
09-28-2011, 07:28 PM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
On my way to Mt Rushmore a few months back. Came up one highway at about 80-90 MPH to a T-intersection stop-sign at the big curve of the other highway. I entered onto that curved highway, well beyond the 45MPH sign at the start of the curve. Zoomed up to 55 and got nailed for 55 in a 45 zone. $105, I think.

Note that there are very few speed signs on the highways in South Dakota. After the ticket, I checked the road the next day. After entering the highway (going the other way), not one sign in 9 miles....

09-28-2011, 09:20 PM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Funny, Maine this week raised the speed limit on the very stretch of I-95 where I got one of my speeding tickets years ago:

AP: New 75 mph limit puts Maine in the fast lane

Chris
I sometimes drive one exit past the point where the limit on I 70 goes from 55mph to 75mph. It reminds me of the Star-Wars lightspeed effect. I stay at 62 because I'm about to exit and every other car doesn't.

No tickets in forever but I missed hitting someone yesterday by inches or less, totally my fault too. I hate being the idiot in the other car.
09-29-2011, 07:07 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Pulled over for speeding 4 times in 20 years. First time was 65 or so in a 55 zone. Officer told me to take it easy and have a nice day.

Second time was 45 in a 35 (that I thought was a 45 and told the officer so). Officer said he would let me go on the speeding, but had to write me up for no seatbelt. "But I have my seatbelt on officer." "Are you sure about that?" he replied. Gotcha.

Third time was late at night on a long straight rode, heading to work. See headlights over a mile behind me turn onto the road, and in less than a minute are riding my rear. I slow down to let the clown pass, but he won't. Think maybe it's a cop, but can't see any light bars, and now the Spidey sense starts to tingle, so I punch it. 3 sec. later he flips the lights on as I hit 5mph over the limit, and asks me why I was speeding? Don't know, maybe because you're riding my rear at 2am in an unmarked car, and won't pass me when I slow down? Big surprise, no ticket.

Last one I wasn't paying too much attention on a road I regularly travel (again, very late at night/early morning). Speed drops from 50 to 35, and I'm doing 55. I see the cop, let off the gas, and he clocks me at something over 50. I think that resulted in a warning, but I can't remember.

I have been pulled over quite a few more times than this, but I think most of it was because my work schedule meant I was driving around in the wee hours of the morning, and the officers were just checking up. Only two other tickets I can recall was a second seatbelt ticket (guilty) and driving without headlights (guilty, but the fog lights were on, on a very brightly lit road, and I couldn't tell the difference).
09-29-2011, 10:59 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Well i have been ticketed twice in one day before haha. Once in the morning in the city, then at night in The middle of nowhere. I kind of laughed about it at the time. 4 days at being hear at Ft. Riley back in may got a 45 in a 30 ticket. Was $100. Speed limits on military posts change so damn much its stupid. Im just glad no one has been around when going 140-150mph. On the hwy. Ooops
09-29-2011, 11:41 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Haven't been caught for speeding in a long time, but I don't really speed that often anyhow. Last time they clocked me doing 92 in a 70 zone (Freeway) late night. I don't even remember what the ticket cost, maybe around $200, but had to go to traffic school to get the point removed from my driver's license. Perfect record otherwise, or now, since the point isn't there anymore.

The need for speed has cost me in other ways though. I used to have a 2006 Audi A4 that I tossed a lot of cash at, that I now regret. I swapped out the suspension, wheels & tires, exhaust system, and had the ECU reprogrammed. All that stuff probably cost me around $5000 in parts and labor. Since then, I got rid of the Audi and replaced it with 2 motorcycles. A 2005 Ducati Monster S2R800 and a 2007 Triumph Daytona 675. The Ducati I purchased for about $5500 in 2007 and the Triumph for about $7500 in 2008. Both still eating away at me in insurance costs and being potential ticket bait