Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2011, 09:51 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The end is near.. sort of ;)

I once thought the method that "the extremists" would use to destroy the US was by using the "Russian" strategy. Bankrupt the Russian economy in war expenditures.

THEN I find out that this is not the case at all.. It has a great twist though.

Due to the high cost of the war and compounded by wall street banks stupidity, it will not be the wars that bankrupt the people, but our own government.. In order to "save" us......

If the irony wasn't so funny I'd be crying...........

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/12/us/politics/12fiscal.html

QuoteQuote:
A group of at least 57 prominent business executives and former government officials have signed a petition in support of a greater deficit reduction, which they are to release at a news conference on Monday. Among them are former treasury secretaries, budget directors and economic advisers to eight presidents from Richard M. Nixon to Mr. Obama; former Congressional leaders; and executives of top companies.

Their letter reflects a broad sense of urgency in both parties, and among economists and businesses, that the nation must put in place long-range measures to shrink future deficits. At current spending levels, those deficits are expected to balloon over the next decade as the population ages and as health care costs rise.

The letter does not call for short-term job-creation measures like the tax cuts and infrastructure spending Mr. Obama proposed last week, which would add to deficits initially. Even so, many of the signers, liberals and conservatives, have called for such steps.

The petition does include what has fast become a catchphrase for those who believe Congress is thinking too small. “We urge you to ‘go big,’ ”
One day after the anniversary.. "they" seem to be winning.........

funny.. none of the names sound "foreign"..............

QuoteQuote:
Other signers include George P. Schultz, a former secretary of labor, treasury and state; Martin Feldstein and Murray L. Weidenbaum, top economic advisers to President Ronald Reagan; and the first chairman of Mr. Obama’s Council of Economic Advisers, Christina D. Romer.

The businesspeople include David M. Cote, the chairman of Honeywell International and a Republican on the Bowles-Simpson commission, and Marne Obernauer Jr., chairman of the Beverage Distributors Company and an owner of the Colorado Rockies baseball team.

09-11-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

So basically you think the austerity measures (which have shown in every other economy in the OECD to not work) will in turn bankrupt the state?
09-12-2011, 05:22 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Chwisch87 Quote
So basically you think the austerity measures (which have shown in every other economy in the OECD to not work) will in turn bankrupt the state?
Well actually just the people....as they pull their massive "investments" of cash out of the economy.. Inflicting fiscal and real pain and suffering on millions unnecessarily is a "win for them" in my book.... not to mention the squeezing of rights for safety sake..

AND it might bankrupts STATES, though they will more than likely just cut out aid to the poor.

and if that gets bad enough a revolution will end the US as we know it.
09-12-2011, 05:32 AM   #4
Veteran Member

...and somewhere a young Lenin is in a larval state...

There was an interesting story a few weeks back, looking at Bin Laden's strategy. Said Bin Laden was mainly a finance guy, despite all the posing with guns. Said Bin Laden was always most interested in the economies of his enemies, said Bin Laden's aim was to essentially bankrupt the USA by throwing our finances into chaos.

09-12-2011, 08:10 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
...and somewhere a young Lenin is in a larval state...

There was an interesting story a few weeks back, looking at Bin Laden's strategy. Said Bin Laden was mainly a finance guy, despite all the posing with guns. Said Bin Laden was always most interested in the economies of his enemies, said Bin Laden's aim was to essentially bankrupt the USA by throwing our finances into chaos.
That was always my assumption since he "saw" the fall of the Soviet Union up close and personal so to speak..

Of course w/ fiat and the size of our economy he too was incorrect to a point.

Still didn't stop me from cringing when "baby bush" started throwing trillions down the rat hole of Iraq..................... but technically at that time I was a "tax and spend" liberal.. I'm now converted to "just a spend" liberal........ tax when necessary..

Funny when ignorance actually plays to our favor......... w/ Bin Laden that is.. not possible to bankrupt the US......
09-12-2011, 08:51 AM   #6
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
but technically at that time I was a "tax and spend" liberal.. I'm now converted to "just a spend" liberal........
So you just want to spend, but not tax...............
I Knew It! You ARE a conservative!!!!!!!!!
All these posts have just been a cover. I've suspected it for some time. The gentleman didth protest too much, methought. (How's that for paraphrasing/butchering Shakespeare? )
09-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
So you just want to spend, but not tax...............
I Knew It! You ARE a conservative!!!!!!!!!
All these posts have just been a cover. I've suspected it for some time. The gentleman didth protest too much, methought. (How's that for paraphrasing/butchering Shakespeare? )
How did you miss that part?........ Funny thing it is QUITE unpopular anywhere...... REMEMBER that only applies to the FED level. States, I'm still me.....

Though over the years I have evolved.. the spend don't tax was broadcast quite loudly lately.. I just like to pick on the

"don't tax" but CUT everyone except me crowd.......

Here's your first clue............

QuoteQuote:
The U.S. became Monetarily Sovereign in 1971. It can create all the money it needs; it can pay any bills of any size, any time. But, you and I, the states, counties and cities all are monetarily non-sovereign. You and I receive income – i.e. money coming in from outside our “borders.” The states and counties receive money from exports, tourism (a form of export) and aid from the federal government.
http://rodgermmitchell.wordpress.com/

09-12-2011, 09:22 AM   #8
Veteran Member

...of course there are consequences to this, vs. value relative to other sovereign currencies etc. And the opinon and fears of the market participants, which create their own reality. Should the US Dollar slip from being the world currency, who knows what that will cause...
09-12-2011, 09:37 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
...of course there are consequences to this, vs. value relative to other sovereign currencies etc. And the opinon and fears of the market participants, which create their own reality. Should the US Dollar slip from being the world currency, who knows what that will cause...
just look at Japan... so we have to make stuff and sell our stuff to ourselves...again.........

Of course the Oligarch's will be unhappy.......

I always find this amusing........
QuoteQuote:
The disaster hit at a time when Japan's economy had been stagnating for more than a decade, its public debt ballooning, and the nation had been struggling to find a turnaround.

Maybe someone should mention to the Japanese as to how their people are "suffering".........

QuoteQuote:
Even as companies restore production, a surging yen, which has recently tested record highs against the dollar, is a major problem for Japan's exporters. It reduces the value of their foreign earnings and makes Japanese goods more expensive in overseas markets.
http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9PKVB2G1.htm

Is it only me that finds this so ironic...................

QuoteQuote:
Japan's economy contracted in the April-June quarter at an annual rate of 2.1 percent
What's ours???????????
09-12-2011, 03:00 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Bin Laden's aim was to essentially bankrupt the USA by throwing our finances into chaos.
If Bin Laden was that financially savvy he would have realized that we don't need his help - we are quite capable of creating financial chaos our self's.
09-12-2011, 06:50 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wildman Quote
If Bin Laden was that financially savvy he would have realized that we don't need his help - we are quite capable of creating financial chaos our self's.
Perhaps, but consider what his being a catalyst for almost everything that has happened in the past 10 years in your country, and what that has cost.
Do you think the teabaggers would have a case were it not for that borrowed money?
09-12-2011, 07:00 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Do you think the teabaggers would have a case were it not for that borrowed money?
'Course not Wheat,scum...oops teabaggers didnt lift a finger to get rid of the SOB either.