Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2011, 12:05 PM   #1
Veteran Member

My car? Really?

I've owned and loved my Subaru Impreza for over a year now, but it wasn't until today that I was told it is a "leftest liberal" car. Huh? Really? You know, I've encountered people who will not view a certain movie or listen to certain music based on the performers political persuasion, but never a car. Have we fallen that far over the cliff in America where we make every decision in life based on politics? I based my car purchase on needs here in Wisconsin. Our winters can be harsh and the thought never entered my mind that leftest's drive Subarus. I had nothing but an AWD mindset. The gentleman that I encountered today surly must be the exception rather than the rule. I sure hope so.

Larry the leftest, I guess.

09-13-2011, 12:20 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Don't worry larryinc.

That's just more teabagger BS.
Everyone knows REAL leftests drive classic Ladas.
09-13-2011, 12:23 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hey, I'm new here, can I borrow a cup of granola? And where do you get your sandals? Opps, forgive me, I just assumed based on your car...

Other leftist cars: Saab, older model Volvo, Prius

Oh, and while we're on it, Hondas are pretty liberal, what's with their model names? Civic? Accord? Real cars are named for wild animals and gambling towns.

Last edited by Nesster; 09-13-2011 at 12:30 PM.
09-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
A forester is a leftist liberal car, but an Impreza is a punk kid with spikey hair "racing" down the street car. Like their cars with their fancy turbos and modern technology can compete with a rusted out, oil spewing, hemi built with good old 1950s-old school-know how.

09-13-2011, 01:22 PM   #5
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by larryinlc Quote
I was told it is a "leftest liberal" car. Huh? Really?
No, that would be the Outback.
Seriously, I had an Outback from 1999-2002. The handling characteristics, particularly in snow, were better than anything I have ever driven, before or since. The creature comforts (getting in and out, visibility, etc), and the interior ergonomics were the worst.
09-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #6
Pentaxian

I've owned and loved my Subaru Impreza for over a year now, but it wasn't until today that I was told it is a "leftest liberal" car. Huh? Really? You know, I've encountered people who will not view a certain movie or listen to certain music based on the performers political persuasion, but never a car. Have we fallen that far over the cliff in America where we make every decision in life based on politics? I based my car purchase on needs here in Wisconsin. Our winters can be harsh and the thought never entered my mind that leftest's drive Subarus. I had nothing but an AWD mindset. The gentleman that I encountered today surly must be the exception rather than the rule. I sure hope so.

There are all kinds of studies that look at the demographics of what people eat, wear and drive. So more liberals than would be expected if it was totally random buy or at least drive the same time of car and it 'becomes' a liberal car. I must be a liberal as I own Saabs (did not say drive as neither are on the road right now) but does owning a 20+ year old car change its leanings.

The problem is that some people take the study findings which I think are there to assist with target marketing and decide it must be an all or nothing proposition. But even more to the point of the forum why are some issues considered liberal and some conservative as I know some pretty stauch conservatives (by Canadian standards which might be a total communist if those ranchers lived in Texas instead of Alberta) who are fierce environmentalists and some social liberals who whould not know a burrowing owl from a recyled pop can or even care.
09-13-2011, 01:43 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Yea, actually that is reserved for the Forester/Outback.. he was confused.......Of course anything in WI that doesn't have numbers in the name is "leftist".........
Larger the number the more right it is. 150, 250 ,350 ect............

for fun: Enjoy..........

Subaru Impreza and Car Babe, Tuning Car Wallpapers, Pictures, Photos, Images

09-13-2011, 01:48 PM   #8
Veteran Member

if she pulls left, check your tire inflation. the front left might be low.
09-13-2011, 04:19 PM   #9
Banned

I would guess my Honda Fit is liberal and my Chevy van is conservative.

My Honda Fit:

My Chevy van with 8.1L big block:
09-13-2011, 04:34 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Since when are Subaru Impreza for extreme liberals?

Because it isn't an American brand?

I guess that makes me one too with a Mitsubishi turbocharged AWD car? I'm far from one.

Edit:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dslrninja/5153015373/in/photostream/
09-13-2011, 05:47 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
Larger the number the more right it is. 150, 250 ,350 ect............
And don't forget truck nuts and a bug deflector with something really stupid written on it.
09-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sjwaldron Quote
Since when are Subaru Impreza for extreme liberals?

Because it isn't an American brand?

I guess that makes me one too with a Mitsubishi turbocharged AWD car? I'm far from one.
The conservative in me really wanted on of those bad but the liberal in me said I didn't need it. Wonderful car though.

Larry
09-13-2011, 05:53 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
No, that would be the Outback.
Seriously, I had an Outback from 1999-2002. The handling characteristics, particularly in snow, were better than anything I have ever driven, before or since. The creature comforts (getting in and out, visibility, etc), and the interior ergonomics were the worst.
I agree. This car is incredible in snow. As far as creature comforts....this ain't no Caddy, but it does the job well with reasonable comfort.
09-13-2011, 06:29 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Everyone knows that only leftist liberals listen to NPR.
And what kind of car do most people who call into Car Talk own?
Subarus of course
09-13-2011, 06:47 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Larry, I'm thinkin your guy is just a wannbee redneck. I drove a Subaru for a while and a buddy of mine has an Imprezza , he's a bigger redneck than me. 4wheel drive in a non truck makes alot of sense for some in the snow belt.
Now those Saabs that another story.
Closed Thread