Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2011, 08:53 AM   #1
Veteran Member

No surprises that's for sure

So anyone notice that the Job Czar is sitting next to the First Lady at the Obama speech? That same job czar that donated heavily to Obama's campaign and whose company paid no taxes. That same czar that is generating untold jobs.

In China.

QuoteQuote:
July 27, 2011. Beijing. Workers are celebrating in the streets and thanking America’s Jobs Czar for moving so many high-paying, high tech jobs to their communities today. The only problem is, they are Chinese workers throughout China. Jeff Immelt is not only President Obama’s Jobs Czar, he is also the CEO of General Electric. In addition to being the parent company of all the NBC family of broadcasting networks, GE is also one of the largest military contractors in the US.
In 2008, GE CEO Jeff Immelt called China the company’s “second home market”. Today, it might appear the Communist country led by a military dictatorship is General Electric’s new ‘first home’.
In an announcement today, GE said it is moving the company’s headquarters in charge of X-Ray technology to China. In an effort to increase sales to the giant Asian nation, and cut costs in the process, the largest manufacturer of imaging machines in the world is closing its US headquarters after 115 years. Until now, GE’s X-ray business was headquartered in Waukesha, Wisconsin.
GE’s Waukesha headquarters currently employs 120 people in its X-ray division. While company spokespeople insist job losses in the US as a result of the move will be limited or non-existent, the company hasn’t yet released the number of new jobs it intends to create in Beijing instead of Wisconsin.
The news is coming as a painful slap in the face by the Obama administration. General Electric’s CEO, Jeff Immelt, is President Obama’s Jobs Czar. Mr. Immelt is the one man in the country whose main focus is supposed to be on created jobs here in America. To find out that the man most responsible for developing a strategy to create domestic jobs and put Americans back to work is instead spending his time devising clever and profitable ways to send American jobs to China is nothing short of insulting to the average American worker.
Almost as shocking as the news reports declaring that the US government has been funding the Taliban during both the Bush and Obama administrations, today’s news strikes at the core of America’s economic dysfunction.

09-14-2011, 09:23 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Maybe it takes a thief?
09-14-2011, 09:36 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Yeah. Imagine that. Looks like we are the only ones who noticed and can see the irony. Everyone else is busy talking about the emperor's new clothes.
09-14-2011, 09:47 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Being that you rightists deprive yourselves of left wing commentary, you would have missed the upset Immelt caused in progressive circles. There's plenty of opinion on the left that finds common ground here.

09-14-2011, 09:51 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Being that you rightists deprive yourselves of left wing commentary, you would have missed the upset Immelt caused in progressive circles. There's plenty of opinion on the left that finds common ground here.
Didn't see much on it really. Funny didn't see much on the union problem in Washington State either.
09-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, you did miss all the irony in the Bush administration.
Too much Flakesnews?
Over Limbaughed?
09-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnInIndy Quote
Didn't see much on it really. Funny didn't see much on the union problem in Washington State either.

did they have a "tea party"????

09-14-2011, 02:17 PM   #8
Veteran Member

"Union problem?" Are there good jobs in whatever parallel universe you call home?

If you didn't claim to be rich, I'd say you were begging for serfdom, John. And I can recommend professionals for that, if it's what you're longing for.
09-14-2011, 02:28 PM   #9
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
"Union problem?" Are there good jobs in whatever parallel universe you call home?

If you didn't claim to be rich, I'd say you were begging for serfdom, John. And I can recommend professionals for that, if it's what you're longing for.
I think hes talking about this story - Local News | Port of Longview quiet Friday, but dispute not over | Seattle Times Newspaper - union members walked out for an illegal wildcat strike, then 500 union thugs decided to storm the port, terrorize the security guards by taking them hostage, and dump grain being transited through the port.
09-14-2011, 02:39 PM   #10
Site Supporter

Hmmmm.
Interesting.
Kinda like a REAL tea party action.
So now you have a problem with that?
09-14-2011, 03:41 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
and dump grain being transited through the port.
See.. tea party, and they didn't even SNEAK around in the dead of night in costumes.............

Don't worry, we will just take their health ins. away and when they get sick we will sit and cheer.... whoo hooo...
09-14-2011, 03:48 PM   #12
Site Supporter

I think they only liked the Disney version.
09-14-2011, 06:00 PM   #13
Inactive Account

I was just filling RML in on a story she seems to have missed, I didn't make a value judgment one way or the other. If you support them, encourage them to go on until the WFP is citing union demonstrations as a price for rising food prices and shortages. Didn't they hear Mr. Obama's call to increase exports? How does destroying american goods before they leave the docks help this country get back on its feet?
09-14-2011, 06:14 PM   #14
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
How does destroying american goods before they leave the docks
It drives up profits. I thought you were wise to these things?

What have you exported today?
09-15-2011, 06:03 AM   #15
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by shooz Quote
What have you exported today?
Nothing yet today, but tomorrow afternoon I am actually deploying a software package to a new international customer. I just hope some disgruntled telecom union members don't cut the undersea fiber optic cables between now and then.