Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2011, 09:15 AM   #16
Banned

QuoteQuote:
Ironically, Ball said she was arrested while holding a sign reading, "Protect NYPD pensions."

"Maybe if the cops got paid more they wouldn't want to beat the s--- out of people," Ball said.

She said one second she was protesting and the next she was face-down on the ground getting handcuffed.

"There was a hand on my back and my face got pushed to the ground," Ball said. "His arm is around my throat, I was panicking. I was screaming my name so that someone knows I'm getting arrested."
'Wall Street' protesters jailed after Union Square scuffle vow to keep fighting for financial reform

09-26-2011, 09:19 AM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, it is easier that arresting real criminals.
Like the kind folks who brought down the economy and extorted the world for umpteen trillion dollars.
09-26-2011, 09:41 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Update:
'Wall Street' protesters jailed after Union Square scuffle vow to keep fighting for financial reform
09-26-2011, 12:46 PM   #19
Veteran Member

write to your local editors

write to your gov reps

ask them why this is not being distributed through mainstream media!

spread the word

i was surprised that no one in my office was aware of this, NO ONE, even my buddy that's a hardened economist

they are keeping a lid on this

let it out, spread the word

!!

09-26-2011, 12:52 PM   #20
Veteran Member

pathetic:

80 Arrested as Financial District Protest Moves North - NYTimes.com

for years Cops don't do shit about city homeless, and now they create rules to effectively kick out "squatters"

"New rules posted in the park on Saturday seemed aimed at the protesters. In addition to bicycle riding, camping gear and sleeping bags were now also banned."
09-26-2011, 12:53 PM   #21
Site Supporter

I never saw that many cops at a teabagger rally.
But then teabaggers lack the presence of mind to rally against those that actually control them.
Perhaps they need to listen to bit of George Carlin.
Instead of Rush Limbaugh.
09-26-2011, 12:54 PM   #22
Site Supporter

Banning umbrellas in the rain was the worst of it.

09-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
.... hey it's just the cops adopting non-violent means
09-26-2011, 01:47 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Occupy Together|Home
09-26-2011, 01:58 PM   #25
Banned

The party is over for the fat cats on Wall Street

QuoteQuote:
I am the 99% of the world, for world peace for a great change by and for us, for respect of our human rights, to end with prejudice and discrimination for equality and the right to be different to stop World War III The 99% who lives, dies, feels, thinks, who is tired of being quiet and silent by others. I'm the fireman, the police, the worker who died on 9 / 11 and their children I am the immigrant who crossed the border thinking of a better future, and today I am the father being exploited I am the mother looking for a job the son who is sent to war, the veteran who returned maimed in body and mind. I am the daughter killed in Juares, Mexico and the thousands of people being killed at the borders I am the child who struggles and doesn't go to school to support my brothers and sister, I am the student who asks for a dream act I am a graduate of a poor education system. I am the homosexual that wants to have children and family. I am white, black, yellow, red and mix, most of all mix I am the one who goes, stays and the one that wants to return. I am who tries to keep up, the child left behind who goes hungry to bed. I am who sings, dreams, and is not allowed to fly. I am who cries for a murdered family, for dreams that were cut short, for a soul corrupted by media. I am protesting for a change, fighting to make a dream become an objective. I am who is dying for a future, to make it today. I am a John Lennon and Martin Luther King, I'm Mother Teresa, Che Guevara, Gandhi and Bolivar, I am the present who sees a past ruled by hatred and lust for power, I am a history of false glorys and supremacy where I was who watched from below, but also who sees a future of hopes, of singing and creating minds, where we can all look up to a world where I, the 99% will be happy.
I am the 99% | Facebook

Occupy Wall St. - Wall | Facebook

Occupy Together | Facebook
09-26-2011, 02:16 PM   #26
Banned

Occupy Wall Street - Keith Olbermann tells it like it is here in the "Land of the Fre

Last edited by jogiba; 09-26-2011 at 02:58 PM.
09-26-2011, 02:24 PM   #27
Site Supporter

They know that a better future is possible.
They know we are not going in that direction.
They know about the technology, some of them worked on it.
They know who is controlling it.
They want it to change.

Some laughed at me when I stated that we stand on the threshold of a cure for the common cold.
That ain't all it will cure.
I asked what big pharma might halt it's development.
No one answered.
It remains to be seen, as it's new.

http://web.mit.edu/press/2011/antiviral.html

Technology, information, people. We all yearn to be free.
09-26-2011, 02:26 PM   #28
Site Supporter

Careful jogiba. That guy in the white shirts story is being debunked by the "right".
09-26-2011, 02:40 PM   #29
Banned

QuoteQuote:
Shame on any american not supporting their brothers and sisters against the bankers....solidarity from the UK......The world is watching
09-27-2011, 07:24 AM   #30
Veteran Member

day 11

Wall Street protests enter 11th day - CNN.com
Closed Thread