Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: If you had the choice, what would you choose for the Polo Color?
White 38.82%
Tan 38.82%
Red 25.88%
Maroon   00%
Dark Green 38.82%
Roal Blue 411.76%
Dark Navy 823.53%
Black 1132.35%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-24-2011, 01:44 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
**Pentax Fall 2011 Shirts - Limited Edition**

Hey guys, after such a hit with the Pentax Shirts, I thought it would be a great idea to introduce a "Limited Edition" Polo Variety. I want to come out with a new Pentax Shirt every year in the spring or so, but thought it may be nice to throw in a Limited Edition Polo for those who want to really show off their Pentax Pride!

These are not going to be like the shirts. These are for that professional look. The shirts will make you look sporty year round, but when you want the Professional Photographer look, reach for one of these...

If you know what the Under Armour material is like, this is very similar, very breathable Polyester. Smooth, comfortable. Great for photos! I was told by the company I use that these are made tough, alot of Firefighters and tactical forces use them, because the material is suppose to be snag proof.

I am ballparking these being sold for $35 each, plus shipping. They will be embroidered, not screen printed, so you are getting a much higher quality shirt, and like I said, this isnt your ordinary Cotton polo, I have seem them, they are amazing. I know the price is a little higher than you may be custom to paying, but believe me, these are really nice Polos, its something you will have for years. Under Armours go for about $50 or so, but this will give a custom look to your Pentax Forum Pride!

There are a few colors I could go with.
White
Tan
Red
Maroon
Dark Green
Royal Blue (typo in Poll, should be ROYAL blue)
Dark Navy
Black

My PERSONAL preference would be Dark Navy, I saw that specific shirt in the store, and it was very very nice.

Nothing is set in stone yet, but I want to use this thread to get some ideas flowing. If you have an idea for another logo, please post it, if you have a color choice, please say it. (Also starting a Poll)

I would like to get the ordering process going by OCT 1, that way I can take some orders, get them stitched up, and on their way to you by Christmas!

Example of the shirt below. (this is not the exact shirt, rather a mock up to show how they will look.)

Attached Images

09-24-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Interesting that Firefighters would wear polyester? Maybe off duty ? When welding this is a no no as melted polyester melts into the skin ! But the shirt you picture is very very nice ! The logo isn't over the top and really adds to the shirts look !

Looks like a winner to me

Eric
09-24-2011, 06:55 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by erkie Quote
Interesting that Firefighters would wear polyester? Maybe off duty ? When welding this is a no no as melted polyester melts into the skin ! But the shirt you picture is very very nice ! The logo isn't over the top and really adds to the shirts look !

Looks like a winner to me

Eric
Sorry for the confusion, i do not believe this is an "on call" shirt. I would assume activities that require a little more "dress up" teaching classes, running drills, meetings, etc. Areas where they want to look good, but still get their hands dirty. I would assume same with the tactical guys, I wouldnt think they make these to stand up to SWAT calls, but maybe a day at the range, or other training activities.
09-24-2011, 07:03 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SlickYamaha Quote
Sorry for the confusion, i do not believe this is an "on call" shirt. I would assume activities that require a little more "dress up" teaching classes, running drills, meetings, etc. Areas where they want to look good, but still get their hands dirty. I would assume same with the tactical guys, I wouldnt think they make these to stand up to SWAT calls, but maybe a day at the range, or other training activities.
That makes sense to me ! They certainly are pretty sharp shirts. Nice and professional looking ! And i'm with you on the Dark Navy .

You've got a customer here if this works out !

Eric

09-24-2011, 07:13 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Would you be able to post a swatch of polled colours for us that need an image reference aid. lol.
09-24-2011, 07:25 PM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
Would you be able to post a swatch of polled colours for us that need an image reference aid. lol.

... just kidding, but sorry, I do not have access to their color chart.
09-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #7
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great idea!

09-25-2011, 07:43 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SlickYamaha Quote
... just kidding, but sorry, I do not have access to their color chart.
Then my vote goes to "white' = all the colours

Also the stitching in red would stand out the best against a white background.
09-25-2011, 03:19 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Lol, I dig the navy or black
09-25-2011, 03:32 PM   #10
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Definitely a good idea.
Black is great, but white would be a winner as well to me.
Kind of like K-x and K-r colours, others can be considered for those more adventurous or want to be more unique/make a statement with their polos...
09-25-2011, 05:24 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Count me in for at least 1. Maybe 2. Color choices, dark green, maroon, dark navy
09-25-2011, 05:32 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Forums Polo

I will certainly buy several as I am recruiting Pentaxians constantly. A long sleeve T would also be nice.
09-27-2011, 03:19 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Nice!
09-27-2011, 04:21 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Whats on the back?

Can there be a "Pentax Professional" version for people like me who use Pentax gear for assignments?
09-27-2011, 04:51 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I always liked the understated look to my shirts, that's why I chose the black polo.