Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-28-2011, 06:42 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Congrats! So you sold the kidney then?
I was not presented with that choice and selling organs is illegal in this country.

QuoteOriginally posted by shooz Quote
So you cheated then?
Nope, played by the rules 100% I guess the game must be smart enough to know a winner when it sees one.

QuoteOriginally posted by shooz Quote
This game is rigged of course.
Just like real life.
Whose real life is that messed up that they are hit with a problem such as the ones presented every day? If any of that stuff happened to me more than twice a year it would be a very bad year for me. This game is symbolic of the sloth and fatalism of poverty... live next door to your work but you still need a car to get to work, you can't take care of yourself but you still have a child and a dog, you have a child but are the only parent, a simple math problem is a major obstacle, and a simple typing test is a barrier to getting a job.

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
However, one can do better than that in rent in some parts of the country, worse in others.
Yeah, like the assumption that the rent is high if you live close to a restaurant, if you live close to a warehouse, or if you live close to an office where you temp.

09-28-2011, 07:12 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
Whose real life is that messed up that they are hit with a problem such as the ones presented every day? If any of that stuff happened to me more than twice a year it would be a very bad year for me. This game is symbolic of the sloth and fatalism of poverty... live next door to your work but you still need a car to get to work, you can't take care of yourself but you still have a child and a dog, you have a child but are the only parent, a simple math problem is a major obstacle, and a simple typing test is a barrier to getting a job.
You are so blessed. May it always be so for you. May you always stay young, healthy and well-employed.

QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
Yeah, like the assumption that the rent is high if you live close to a restaurant, if you live close to a warehouse, or if you live close to an office where you temp.
Other than the part about the warehouse, that is all true here. Rent downtown, near restaurants and offices, is substantially higher.