Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2011, 05:57 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
How to prepare for a Recession?

From above. What should a ordinary joe working day in and day out prepare for?

Hopefully the guy is wrong since he is an independent trader (but apparently good enough to get on the BBC.)

09-27-2011, 05:59 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Well they gave Greece the bailout loan stating the economy will be fine?
09-27-2011, 06:34 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
does the world even have trillions in the first place?
09-27-2011, 07:03 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Only China....lol

It's greed that got us here and the very same bankers they helped are still just helping themselves...putting your money under the mattress might be a good option afterall

09-27-2011, 09:24 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Get ready for gobs of cheap lenses ... just hoping
09-27-2011, 10:10 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Reportage Quote
does the world even have trillions in the first place?
Trillions is simply a number on a ledger sheet. The world has it because we can simply create it. The concept scares a lot of people because they want some sort of fixed value. Economies could never grow that way and it will eventually end up with a few controlling most of the money and power. It would result in a world war rather quickly.
09-27-2011, 06:22 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Buy all your wants now because you won't be able to later lol If only it was that simple.

09-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #8
Veteran Member

your wish came true

When stock trader Alessio Rastani proclaimed to the world “The stock market is finished” and “I go to bed every night and dream about another recession,” jaws dropped and tweets flew.
Then came speculation that Rastani was part of an Internet group of pranksters and that the British television network had been tricked.
Instead, he turned out to be an attention-seeking hobbyist who doesn’t own the home he lives in.
But what he told incredulous news anchors cut the heart of fears that the economy can’t be fixed, plummeting stock markets that ruin average investors are a boon to professional traders, and investment firms run the world.
Rastani’s interview as a “financial expert” on the BBC News channel Monday began when he was asked about the latest rescue plan for the euro.
He started by saying that “the stock market is finished,” and the conversation veered wildly off-course from there.
“I’m a trader. If I see an opportunity to make money I go with that. We don’t care about how they’re going to fix the economy,” he said. “I go to bed every night, I dream about another recession.”
The shocked anchor told him that “jaws have collectively dropped” at his comments.
“We appreciate your candor,” Martine Croxall added, “however, it doesn’t help the rest of us, does it?”

source:Toronto Star
09-28-2011, 02:46 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original video in the OP is purported to be a fake and part of a comedy team. (Not that I do not doubt at all there are plenty of people making billions while billions of people lose everything).

Jason
09-28-2011, 08:58 AM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
Original video in the OP is purported to be a fake and part of a comedy team. (Not that I do not doubt at all there are plenty of people making billions while billions of people lose everything).

Jason
Yep, I ran across this earlier. Pretty good one, though. Looks like the Onion is getting some competition from the UK.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2011/09/27/alessio-rastani-hoax-on-bbc_n_983...ef=mostpopular
09-28-2011, 03:59 PM   #11
Veteran Member

If you can 'prepare for a recession' you're among the last to be hit. Don't change jobs.
10-18-2011, 04:03 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
If you can 'prepare for a recession' you're among the last to be hit. Don't change jobs.
... or buy a $50k truck on 100% credit to impress the neighbours, or a $300k house on 99% credit. Getting married (cheaply) is also usually good, except plan for kids after the recession And, sell your gold holdings when the recession hits ... early retirement is always a nice thing

10-18-2011, 04:32 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
Well they gave Greece the bailout loan stating the economy will be fine?
good one