Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-20-2011, 05:43 AM - 1 Like   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Aardvark Quote
Mine is black and lifetime mpg is showing as 58.9mpg with mixed city and highway over the last 34,000 miles. On a motorway it regulary tells me I have a range of 900 miles on one tank of diesel and it returns about 71mpg at 70mph steady. Round cities it brings my average down a bit. Mine has less toys than the one in the video and cost quite a bit less than the price quoted.

Impressive machine. Way too close to the ground for this old phart to get in and out of with any sherd of dignity.

10-20-2011, 09:47 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Colbyt Quote
With that I fully agree. I avoid the high and the low, usually buying at the mid-point after going to the parts store and reading the boxes.

About a year ago I replaced the ones on a 96 model for the first time ever. It was different than any I ever did before. The entire blade part came as a unit not as a refill like the old days. I mention this so you can take a hard look at yours before you buy.
Hrm, I did notice there weren't refills at the store, thought it might have been just that place. Wonder what the scam is, there.

Taken under advisement, anyway: I just ordered some blades that were on sale online, they seem kind of modern and streamlined, for whatever that proves to be worth. (Figured I may as well try them, seems from the little pictures that they use the same sort of refills, so not too much risk. Hopefully these aren't a failed fad of some kind. ) Anyway, hopefully they'll be good and be one less potential distraction as I nurse this ol' gal back up to scratch. Starting to be racing the seasonal weather, here. I lost a lot of time and nice weather to various stresses and delays.

Things really do cost a good deal more than I was accustomed to: though it's been a while since I was in care of an older car, admittedly. Sweetie's was newer when we got him, (And came with dealer service,) so there wasn't much for me to do over the years. A lot of stuff with those little new guys it's not even worth trying to do yourself, anyway, of course. At least not without more tools than I presently have.