Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2011, 09:19 AM   #1
Veteran Member

IE 9, Google Chrome & Firefox 7 - My observations.

Let me preface this by saying I've been using Google Chrome on my underpowered netbook for some time until two days ago. Two days ago, my Microsoft Security Essential anti virus program decided that Chrome posed some sort of threat and removed it on my behalf to save me. I thought this would be a good opportunity to test some other browsers. So, IE9. Firefox 7 and a fresh install of Chrome were downloaded. To my surprise, not only was Chrome fast, it was significantly faster on my netbook. Now, this difference most likely wouldn't be appreciated on the average desktop or laptop, but on my weakling portable, it was very noticeable. Scrolling and painting were painfully slow on IE9 and Firefox. Even on this fine forum. Chrome, on the other hand, cruised.

There you have it. My observation for what it's worth. For me, Chrome is it.

Larry

10-01-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
Banned

QuoteQuote:
As of Wednesday, Chrome’s global share for September was 23.6% with Firefox at 26.8% and Internet Explorer at 41.7%. For Chrome to surpass Firefox by the end of the year, StatCounter makes the assumption that Chrome’s rapid growth will continue at the same pace. At the end of the year, Chrome should have approximately 26.6% share and Firefox should have 25.3%.
Chrome to surpass Firefox in market share by December | VentureBeat