Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-09-2007, 04:17 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Well, I Finally Did It

After a weekend of deliberation, I accepted my dads off to trade what canon equipment i had for all of his pentax/k mount gear. Now we have tidied up our collections and he is all EF mount and im purely K mount film/digital.

What i was aiming to achieve from my photography changed since the last time i was thinking of switching and this is to me, the start of a new journey photography wise. I no longer see sports as a priority and instead want to hone my street photography skills and shoot mostly for my pleasure only.

Best part of the deal? I got a month old K10D with just over 1000 clicks on the shutter (most of them mine anyway) and a new battery grip and i didnt have to spend a cent

Been on ebay a little today and my shopping list has grown. Will be after the following very soon...

some form of 135 f2.5 or f2.8
fa 35 f2
fa 50 f1.4
da 10-17
da 16-45

and if the budget can stretch in the future, maybe a 50-135 and or a 60-250 or 300 f4 when they are released.

12-09-2007, 04:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Wow, congrads on that collection !

What canon gear did you trade with?
12-09-2007, 04:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Wow, congrads on that collection !

What canon gear did you trade with?
Thanks.

Umm.. 20D, BG-E3, 10-20, 24-60 2.8, nifty fifty, lensbaby and a 430ex. The 10-20 will be sold soon as he already has a 12-24 that i sold him a while back that he uses on his canon film camera.

I got a few more goodies out of the deal too. I might miss some of the canon stuff (definitely the 10-20), but its still going to be in the house and i can use it if i want to.
12-09-2007, 05:08 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I see. You got a great deal.

Selling your canon gear would not get much in return at all.

Canon 10-22 is pretty good and I had tested it against sigma counterpart - there is a slight edge to it. But pentax Fishie is non rectilinear, you might get dissapointed. To defish images still look unnatural to a degree.

12-09-2007, 05:21 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Canon 10-22 is pretty good and I had tested it against sigma counterpart - there is a slight edge to it. But pentax Fishie is non rectilinear, you might get dissapointed. To defish images still look unnatural to a degree.
Yeah, im actually looking forward to having the fishy to play around with. I do plan on picking up a sigma 10-20 at some point in time just to satisfy my UWA needs.

Something else that played a big part was actually learning how to do the whole stop down metering thing. I think my little 50mm 1.7 has seen more use today than it has its whole life