10-14-2011, 07:49 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

j/k Good Luck and Happy Stills hunting! bigthumbsup

10-14-2011, 10:37 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Stills, sorry to see you go.
Just wanted to say thanks for initiating the Single in... concept back in September 2010 here on PF. It certainly has generated a following and for good reason.
Good luck to you.
10-22-2011, 09:03 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stillshunter Quote
Unfortunately, I wasn't sure where to post this - there's a "Welcomes and Introductions" section, but not a "Goodbye and Adieu".

So this is my fond farewell to all the folks I've met and shared with on this Forum . Farewell to you all and most of all farewell to Pentax. After a few years with the platform and a healthy dose of LBA for the entire time, I cycled through many many lenses from the cheapest F35-70mm to the FA31 (yes I finally got her). But I'm jumping ship. Unlike most folks who have hankered for full-frame for far too long - and leaving Pentax for their oversight or tardiness - I am jumping the other way. Pentax also failed to deliver the compact system I've been after, a 1/2.33" sensored "Q" c'mon please! The glass is lovely but I would have loved to have that K-r or K-x sensor in a smaller body. I know it's just me, and so I have voted with my feet. I have now cashed it all in and bought into a compact system camera (CSC) to accompany my Fuji X100.

The thing I will miss most of all isn't the FA Ltd lenses - and certainly not the desire for more of them - but the great folks I met on here. I built some lasting friendships with folks on here and hope that we'll still keep in contact even after my betrayal. My highlight was kicking of Single in September last year, and our little posse proved the concept, had a ball....and have a book to prove it ...I'm stoked that the challenge started a year ago survives to this day....though I fear it failed in it's original objective to help cure gear lust.

So to all of you, keep shooting...with whatever you have in hand.

Mark aka stillshunter.
Fuji X100, what mount is that?