Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
10-17-2011, 04:41 AM   #16
Veteran Member

That's a pity. I liked Rupert (and Otis in normal sized doses) he was always helpful and courteous. Hope he reappears in the not too distant future.

10-17-2011, 08:22 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you want to check in on him, you can visit him here (Otis too)..

Flickr: Pentaxians discussion topics

10-17-2011, 08:42 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rupert/Otis Please come back

The squirrels in my back yard are putting together a protest. "WE WANT OTIS" the signs read. Seriously though, I miss your knowledge and helpfulness related to the K5. I have learned many facts from your posts as well as got a great smile out of Otis and his life of leisure. Please come back and make me smile.......
10-17-2011, 09:05 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Banning Otis sounds a little harsh ... he was a little much at times, but I don't think he overstepped any serious boundaries (pun intended).
Who's willing to take the honours of becoming the crowd pleaser now?

10-17-2011, 09:05 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Jeff

Jeff, thank you very much for the link to Rupert and Otis. I sure hope he comes back to the forum. His knowledge and wit will be sorely missed.
10-17-2011, 09:05 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thank you Jeff for the link !
10-17-2011, 09:41 AM   #22

I never liked Rupert's posts, once maybe is funny but to pretend all the time to be a squirrel and post all the time whatever the post is about squirrels (and to be honest most not that great shots) is too much. But maybe give him a second chance and a topic for his squirrels. His "followers" can go and have fun there

10-17-2011, 10:13 AM   #23

Bring back otis!
10-17-2011, 11:45 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by geezer52 Quote
All in all Rupert is a nice guy. I never thought he was he was rude or his opinions out of line. ....
Yes he was, unless you had any issues with K-5 or tree rats, which predictably drove him berserk

Then he'd wish death and mayhem upon you, and read into your past and even believe -- not difficult for someone who talks to tree rats regularly -- that your difficult childhood has messed you up into not wanting or liking the K-5!

While it was fun to rile him up some times, it is impressive that even a fanboy has.... fanboys!
10-17-2011, 04:27 PM - 1 Like   #25

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by EsBee Quote
While it was fun to rile him up some times, it is impressive that even a fanboy has.... fanboys!
No fanboy here, he just didn't bother me quite as much as he apparently did other people. It was tiresome when squirrel photos and those they irritated derailed a potentially useful thread but Rupert riled up was still tame compared to a lot of the nasty work I've seen in other forums. If Rupert's the worse you've seen then count yourself lucky. And for anyone who enjoyed getting Rupert riled up then I would say they're part of the problem and have little right to complain.

Last edited by geezer52; 10-17-2011 at 04:29 PM. Reason: typos
10-17-2011, 04:34 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by vw_michael Quote
Banning Otis sounds a little harsh ... he was a little much at times, but I don't think he overstepped any serious boundaries (pun intended).
Continuous spamming of threads with no content other than mocking and disrespecting posters who are trying to carry on a conversation is probably enough to get a person banned.
10-17-2011, 05:54 PM - 1 Like   #27
Veteran Member

Characters like Rupert make forums fun to visit. Obnoxious "know it alls, but know nothing"s make forums no fun to visit. I was never a fanboy of Otis, but I liked him being part of the furniture.

I hope Rupert and Otis returns.
10-17-2011, 06:03 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No fanboy here...
If you say so.

It's just fine and dandy if you love something; put it on a pedestal, go sleep with it and gloat all you want if you find someone who cares to listen. But the ratboy was obsessive in his belief that this damn camera was perfect, and he belittled those who spent big bucks and were having issues with them, justifying only by citing other products having issues also -- as if Nikons, Canons, and airplanes having their own problems would somehow and suddenly make issues with K-5 go away! That was more hilarious than it was pure garbage

...And for anyone who enjoyed getting Rupert riled up then I would say they're part of the problem and have little right to complain.
May be I am not part of the problem, and just may be I am somehow part of the solution instead, since I am certainly not complaining about not seeing mediocre photos of tree rats in every stinking K-5 thread every single day.
10-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
Characters like Rupert make forums fun to visit.
He needs to come back, just refrain him to "Rubert`s corner", enter if you dare, kinda thing.
10-17-2011, 06:56 PM   #30

Photos: Albums
From the looks of this thread it is a good thing that not having a sense of humor doesnt get you banned cause some of you all would be in trouble right now. GOOD TIMES.
Closed Thread