Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-16-2011, 06:58 AM   #1
Banned

YOU'VE BEEN TRUMPED ,The story of the planets ahole billionaire

QuoteQuote:
Take You've Been Trumped to the World

Because Money and Power Should Not Cost the Earth

The Trump Organization has branded the film 'a failure' whilst claiming the publicity will just help him sell more rounds of golf on what was once one of Britain's most precious conservation areas.
It is time to prove Donald Trump wrong once and for all. Help take You've Been Trumped to the world.
Take You've Been Trumped to the World -- IndieGoGo

QuoteQuote:
The basic story of You've Been Trumped is that Donald Trump set out to build "The World's Greatest Golf Course" and picked out as the location a Scottish beach. The thing is that this particular beach has sand dunes that are essentially the British equivalent of a National Monument. Despite this, he was given government approval to destroy the dunes. At this point, he thought he had won. The British and Scottish governments had given him carte blanche. The one thing he hadn't counted on was the resistance of a few local farmers, who's families had owned their land for generations, against the development. The film charts their fight to protect their land from essentially being bulldozed by Trump.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1943873/

Last edited by jogiba; 10-16-2011 at 07:14 AM.
10-16-2011, 08:45 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm no Trump fan, but I have more anger toward the UK politicians in this mess. They gave a ruthless businessman permission to proceed. What followed should be no surprise to anyone.
10-16-2011, 10:55 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Makes me sick... Another "MONEY + CORRUPTION vs. LIVES & ENVIRONMENT" story...
It reminds me of Rosia Montana, where a Canadian company got permission from the Romanian government to use cyanide mining technology to dig for gold. In the process, they'll poison the environment and ruin local lives, fabulous natural sights and a "a unique archaeological complex of Roman mine galleries" (so described by UNESCO). The gain for the Romanian people? Almost nothing.

These are crimes against humanity, and the responsible Trumpets should be held accountable accordingly...

Last edited by causey; 10-16-2011 at 11:10 AM.
10-17-2011, 06:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had quite a reputation for shamanic foo in my day. Wonder what a lowball bid for finding his soul would be? (plus hazard pay. Actual extractions extra.)

(Now I'm picturing horrible reality shows. "You're fired." "No I'm not, you're illusion. Also I got a charity paid in advance and my retainer in escrow for just this reason. Looking for someone might have been called 'Donnie' Anyone home, Or am I just the night's entertainment?" )

And, frankly, let it *be* on one of those ancient beaches. Ask Mr. Delorean. He tore down sacred stuff to make his car, leveled a rath, cut down an ancient hawthorn, spent millions promoting as a 'supercar' something I could outrun with a slant six, and his product neither served him well, profited him anything, nor really impressed the automotive world..... But it did travel time. People don't listen.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 10-17-2011 at 06:57 PM.
10-18-2011, 05:52 AM   #5
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
I had quite a reputation for shamanic foo in my day. Wonder what a lowball bid for finding his soul would be? (plus hazard pay. Actual extractions extra.)

(Now I'm picturing horrible reality shows. "You're fired." "No I'm not, you're illusion. Also I got a charity paid in advance and my retainer in escrow for just this reason. Looking for someone might have been called 'Donnie' Anyone home, Or am I just the night's entertainment?" )

And, frankly, let it *be* on one of those ancient beaches. Ask Mr. Delorean. He tore down sacred stuff to make his car, leveled a rath, cut down an ancient hawthorn, spent millions promoting as a 'supercar' something I could outrun with a slant six, and his product neither served him well, profited him anything, nor really impressed the automotive world..... But it did travel time. People don't listen.
Back in the 80's John DeLorean came to my parents family run business Parkside Gardens Nursery that was located across from the Duke Estate in Hillsborough Township NJ to buy trees etc for his estate here in Somerset County NJ that is now the Trump National Golf Club . My brother shot video with Trump riding in his pickup truck riding over his estate to see were the trees were to be planted. DeLorean was always trying to get away with paying the full bill for the trees and plantng work.
Playing the Top 100 Golf Courses in The World: Trump National Golf Club
10-18-2011, 06:31 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Back in the 80's John DeLorean came to my parents family run business Parkside Gardens Nursery that was located across from the Duke Estate in Hillsborough Township NJ to buy trees etc for his estate here in Somerset County NJ that is now the Trump National Golf Club . My brother shot video with Trump riding in his pickup truck riding over his estate to see were the trees were to be planted. DeLorean was always trying to get away with paying the full bill for the trees and plantng work.
Playing the Top 100 Golf Courses in The World: Trump National Golf Club
Heheehee. I don't know if golf courses strictly count, but it pleases me to imagine that particular impulse means he had an interesting learning experience.