Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2011, 04:58 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Well, not yet. Just don't tick us off! It doesn't take much anymore to trigger a invasion.
I figure that's why your politicians are getting uppity about the tar sands.

10-20-2011, 05:38 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
Just curious here if there are no troops currently deployed in Africa and then the President commits troops to ground operations in Libya is he not now placing American combat troops into Africa? So not really sure how the Bachmann clip actually shows her to be a moron as the previous posters are implying.
I thought she was speaking about sending troops some where in Africa other than Libya. Hard to tell if it is another country or Libya she is referring to, just is not clear. I think one can read (hear) it either way due to the manner she stated it. I think if I heard or read the comments without knowing who said it I would think they were referring to a second country but it would be just as legitimate for some one else to think she is referring to Libya only. Do not think there is a correct way to interpret what she said in the clip. But if one is saying she does not know that Libya is in Africa I think one would need a clearer indication that this clip to back ones claim.

Last edited by redrockcoulee; 10-20-2011 at 09:40 PM. Reason: used so instead of she
10-20-2011, 06:02 PM   #18
Pentaxian

It's kind of like saying that America has troops stationed in Kansas, and now they are stationing troops in the USA.
It's almost a nothing statement, but the way she delivered her line, I got the distinct impression that she is of the opinion that Libya is in the Middle East (or anywhere other than Africa).
10-21-2011, 08:06 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by redrockcoulee Quote
are you still fighting in the Phillipines?
Damn straight! You ever been to Subic Bay?

10-21-2011, 08:14 AM   #20
Veteran Member

I think if I heard or read the comments without knowing who said it I would think they were referring to a second country but it would be just as legitimate for some one else to think she is referring to Libya only. Do not think there is a correct way to interpret what she said in the clip.
I watched the entire debate and I heard what she said. She stated that the President put us into Libya, and he has now put us into Africa. To me, it was clear that she believes they were 2 separate continents.
10-21-2011, 08:27 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
I watched the entire debate and I heard what she said. She stated that the President put us into Libya, and he has now put us into Africa. To me, it was clear that she believes they were 2 separate continents.
So then I would guess if she said " he has put troops in Columbia,and has now put us is South America" that would imply she thought they are two separate continents? The logic of that arguement eludes me the statement does not imply that she feels they are independent of each other you are just reading it that way.
10-21-2011, 08:40 AM   #22
Veteran Member

...at least in the quote, she used "he put us in Columbia. He's now putting us in South America." which is very different than "he put us in Columbia, and has now put us in South America."

And both are different than saying COLOMBIA. Columbia is an Ivy League university in NYC.

10-21-2011, 08:49 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote

And both are different than saying COLOMBIA. Columbia is an Ivy League university in NYC.
apologies for the misspelling there I should really have some coffee before posting first thing in the morning
10-21-2011, 06:09 PM   #24
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Damn straight! You ever been to Subic Bay?
ROFL Been a lot of fights between Navy and Marines there. Of course they were mostly in bars.

I remember some of the things we talked about in my political science classes in college. While she wasn't in office back then, one of my professors considered people like Bachmann as dangerous. When you get to a certain point on the spectrum, either liberal or conservative, people start getting hurt and I'm talking physically. Bachmann is very near that point. She scares me.

CW

Last edited by straightshooter; 10-21-2011 at 06:15 PM.
10-21-2011, 06:36 PM   #25
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by straightshooter Quote
While she wasn't in office back then, one of my professors considered people like Bachmann as dangerous. When you get to a certain point on the spectrum, either liberal or conservative, people start getting hurt and I'm talking physically. Bachmann is very near that point. She scares me.

CW
Extremism, regardless of what end of the spectrum it's on, is dangerous.
10-22-2011, 06:40 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
...you are just reading it that way.
Could be, and you could just be reading it the way you want to. You say toe-may-toe, and I say toe-mott-toe.
10-22-2011, 09:46 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I thought she was speaking about sending troops some where in Africa other than Libya. Hard to tell if it is another country or Libya she is referring to, just is not clear.
Actually, she *was* speaking of something in particular: the child-soldier-enslaving Christian-dominionist based 'Lord's Resistance Army' ...Very bad people either doing or taking the 'credit' for what Uganda's Evangelical-backed government does to gay people, women and children and other inconvenient neighbor-accuseable 'Witches' that her own 'Third Wave' and NAR type churches have been backing for years...

Of course, that 'LRA' are in fact butchers and terrorists all Mow-Mow style, like there hasn't been enough genocidal mania in that region already. ...Yeah, there's 'Africa' involved. Fact is this is a group the DEA could take down on a weekend off, compared to drug cartels., certainly. Palin opposes it cause they're *Christianist* terrorists, and doesn't specify cause the specifics, or this being covered in American media are not to her credit. Or many of the other preachers' that seem to have the ear of the whole GOP.

Apart from certain previous administrations being un-motivated to do anything about them, Khadaffi's out of the picture, which makes taking *those* guys down a *whole* lot more uncomplicated. Unless you *like* enslaved children being trained to kill for 'The Lord,' that is.

Which would also of course, leave the current Ugandan regime backed b-guess-who-on-C-street et al, .... without someone to blame for things they proudly justify not doing personally, while... Well, it's Uganda. Where me having a committed relationship with a botanist would be an executable offense and anyone who represented us in court would be immediately imprisoned for life... And even if you don't like people like me on either count of being non-straight or non-Christianized, this 'Lord's Resistance Army' are *butchers of villages and brutalizers of children.* Bon appetit.

Child soldiers.

Palin's church backs the same things, even tries to re-import the witch-hunts back here, then denies connection... Now of all things opposes taking down the LRA? Maybe it's just another version of 'hockey mom' to her. But I've been another kind of Mom. One who knows where that stuff goes.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 10-22-2011 at 10:08 PM.
10-23-2011, 07:01 AM   #28
Banned

Original Poster
Another one with the stupid gene like Bachmann & Palin

10-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Actually, she *was* speaking of something in particular: the child-soldier-enslaving Christian-dominionist based 'Lord's Resistance Army' ...Very bad people either doing or taking the 'credit' for what Uganda's Evangelical-backed government does to gay people, women and children and other inconvenient neighbor-accuseable 'Witches' that her own 'Third Wave' and NAR type churches have been backing for years...

Of course, that 'LRA' are in fact butchers and terrorists all Mow-Mow style, like there hasn't been enough genocidal mania in that region already. ...Yeah, there's 'Africa' involved. Fact is this is a group the DEA could take down on a weekend off, compared to drug cartels., certainly. Palin opposes it cause they're *Christianist* terrorists, and doesn't specify cause the specifics, or this being covered in American media are not to her credit. Or many of the other preachers' that seem to have the ear of the whole GOP.

Apart from certain previous administrations being un-motivated to do anything about them, Khadaffi's out of the picture, which makes taking *those* guys down a *whole* lot more uncomplicated. Unless you *like* enslaved children being trained to kill for 'The Lord,' that is.

Which would also of course, leave the current Ugandan regime backed b-guess-who-on-C-street et al, .... without someone to blame for things they proudly justify not doing personally, while... Well, it's Uganda. Where me having a committed relationship with a botanist would be an executable offense and anyone who represented us in court would be immediately imprisoned for life... And even if you don't like people like me on either count of being non-straight or non-Christianized, this 'Lord's Resistance Army' are *butchers of villages and brutalizers of children.* Bon appetit.

Child soldiers.

Palin's church backs the same things, even tries to re-import the witch-hunts back here, then denies connection... Now of all things opposes taking down the LRA? Maybe it's just another version of 'hockey mom' to her. But I've been another kind of Mom. One who knows where that stuff goes.
Our former Chief of Staff at work was there for a short period and gave a talk on why he thought the Canadian army should be in there stopping the Lords Resistance Army partially due to we being bilingual (not me I am unligual) but he gave a graphic description of their techniques.
10-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #30
Veteran Member

This is unbelievably stupid and scary at the same time. She gives blondes (I'm one) a bad name. Hard to believe any adult is that dumb.