Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2011, 01:15 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
This is unbelievably stupid and scary at the same time. She gives blondes (I'm one) a bad name. Hard to believe any adult is that dumb.

The corporations and the media they own might have an interest in turning the US Government into an ineffectual circus for their own untrammeled greed, though, eh? Deregulate everything but everyone's personal lives. Call it 'religion,' ....then have 'child-witch' burners come back from Africa saying, "See, God wants Palin to run..." (Apparently at the same time as others. Including that guy who keeps praying for rain in Texas and claiming divine sanction to impose his views in the name of his God.... Despite the continued drought.... (Maybe if there's anything going on there, it's the fact that Texas is the *home* of science-denial, Dominionism, Big Oil, and climate denial? Maybe blaming the 'queers' like me who have warned you isn't going to impress any given Powers? Just on the off chance anyone was actually expecting there to be anything *to* these shows of piety... Before trying to oppress me any more and stuff...

(Or cutting the budget to study things just cause you don't like the truth. Then, I dunno, blame 'witches' like Palin's pastor or something says. Yknow, if you really believe I have that kinda pull in the upper atmosphere, at least let's have some satellite data so I can figure out to *ask* for something that won't end up like taking out Galveston and flash-flooding away your soil and stuff. Never mind up and downstream of all that. Y'know, before assuming there's any particular ill-will going on here. I know if it came off after all these years you'd only claim it proved how much 'righteousness' there was in the last bit of pious grandstanding you used against minorities was, however many years ago. Global village, these days. May as well use the Doppler radar. Nothing personal, of course, but it all has to come from and go somewhere. But if anything about it 'sends a message' ....maybe that *surely* doesn't mean Dominionism and scapegoating and denialism are going to help Texas, never mind anywhere else. )

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 10-24-2011 at 01:40 PM.
10-24-2011, 03:42 PM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter

This is unbelievably stupid and scary at the same time. She gives blondes (I'm one) a bad name. Hard to believe any adult is that dumb.
They pay them extra to be that stupid, right?
10-25-2011, 05:03 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
When she says "I'm listening to what you say, but I only hear what I want to..." it sort of said it all about a certain segment of the population--and I don't mean her gender as Jeff Foxworthy quipped. He's is trying to explain to her that if she doesn't know that Europe is not a country, she would be better off financially to take her money and leave. She won't listen to what is to her financial advantage. Again, and interesting metaphor.
10-25-2011, 02:20 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
They pay them extra to be that stupid, right?
The only good thing that came out of that is that the young man knew the correct answer, and charity got $25K (if I heard that right).

10-26-2011, 07:14 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Perhaps not the right thread, but near enough. I watched Jon Huntsman on Colbert's show. Here is a smart, funny, level-headed guy who not only knows geography, but speaks fluent Mandarin. Why can't the GOP learn to love him?
10-26-2011, 07:41 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Why can't the GOP learn to love him?
I think you answered yourself:
Here is a smart, funny, level-headed guy who not only knows geography, but speaks fluent Mandarin.
10-26-2011, 10:09 AM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Perhaps not the right thread, but near enough. I watched Jon Huntsman on Colbert's show. Here is a smart, funny, level-headed guy who not only knows geography, but speaks fluent Mandarin. Why can't the GOP learn to love him?
Because the only thing that distinguishes him from Romney is that he speaks Mandarin and is slightly more regressive on abortion.

10-26-2011, 01:22 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Because the only thing that distinguishes him from Romney is that he speaks Mandarin and is slightly more regressive on abortion.

He's got about the usual scary positions on civil rights and social issues, but actually doesn't seem all crazy. I Don't know if he's qualified enough, but out of the lot of them he at least seems competent and personable.

Maybe that's why he's not in the field, I dunno.